Virtualization error

Hello guys,
I am trying to setup docker on quite old laptop (about 2007 year). Win 10 installed.
Duringstarting of docker it gives this mistake:

In task manager status of virtualisation is “on”:

What can be a reason and do you think it is possible to setup docker with this hardware? Maybe some eralier version?

Regards,
Alexander

You need to enable virtualization in the BIOS.
You may also try to install WSL2 as an engine for docker, but after enabling virtualization in the BIOS.

I have tryed. But there are no settings for this.

What CPU is in this laptop? Does it even support virtualization?

If you wanna install docker on that laptop you will need to install linux and then you don’t need to worry about enabling virtualization or worry about the cpu supporting it. But I would just install storj on windows the easy with the setup.

1 Like

I will try to install Ubuntu + Docker, do somebody use it?

Regards,
Alexander

It is Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T7300 Merom 2 x 2000 МГц

Does it compatible with Docker?

Regards,
Alexander

It seems like it will work maybe you need to double check to make sure everything required is installed.

In case of Linux OS you will not need to have a VM and virtualization, docker working natively in Linux.

If you still want to have a virtualization enabled, you still need to find an option in your BIOS, which mention Virtualization, or CPU features or something like this, it could also mention VT-x or VT.

Please also note - the Hyper-V is available only for Windows Pro, but wsl2 can be installed on Windows Home too.