Watchtower: The requested image's platform (linux/amd64) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm/v7) and no specific platform was requested

I have been using the latest tag. Starting docker with that creates the message

The requested image’s platform (linux/amd64) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm/v7) and no specific platform was requested

But it seems to be running. Is it safe though?

1 Like

Any more details on your setup?

What hardware? OS?
What command did give this error message?

It displays after running the watchtower docker command:

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower:latest storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s

Hardware is a Odroid-HC2 with ARM 7.

Same problem on Qnap with Qts 4.5.2 operating system and Realtek Arm quad core cpu

For me it was working without issues and the versions got updated properly. I don’t think I had changed anything after my post.

Ok, thanks jam. However a new version should be out, 1.26, just check if the node is up to date

It is currently still on 1.25.2 and from what I read in the other threads I hope there will be no issue with when it gets updated to the latest version.

The issue described in the first post is showing up again. The node still remains on version 1.49.5.

The idea is that you install the version manually. If we tag it as latest we might crash your node while you are not in front of it.

I am wondering because some nodes have already received version 1.52.2 while this node is still on 1.49.5. In fact all are at least on version 1.50.4 except the HC2.
So it does not feel right.

The reason for that is documented so you can look it all up. In the meantime please install the version manually as requested in the changelog and let us know how that works. You can stip the test and wait for us to tag it as latest. The risk is that your node will stop working in the middle of the night.

This? https://review.dev.storj.io/c/storj/storj/+/7131
So there will be a fix?

I don’t have time for testing currently, so I’ll wait for the auto update.

Please use this tag, you also actually can read the reason:

1 Like