What do you think about lrsync to syncronice storj data storage as a backup in other disk?

What do you think about lrsync to syncronice storj data storage as a backup in other disk? Is someone using it? Looks like work correct.

After install is necessary to do this step: https://github.com/guard/listen/wiki/Increasing-the-amount-of-inotify-watchers

Creating a backup does not make sense at all, as storj is already taking care of it. I would maximum let the node run on an Raid or something. (But i even don’t do that, i have one node per Disk and take the risk). But thats something which everybody needs to decide by himself.

1 Like

I think it’s useless since, as @Arkina explained it, Storj is a decentralized storage network and already takes care about redundancy.

But of course, you might want to have redundant hardware for your own interest (i.e.avoid being disqualified). In this case, a such sync is not really a good solution since your node may be disqualified at the time your disk fails. Even if you have a backup, your node may be already disqualified.
If you really want to secure your hardware, setup a RAID (RAID1 or RAID5 or something like that but not RAID0). It is like an “insurance” fee since your extra hardware could actually be used to store data (and generate more earnings) instead of “backing up” an existing node.
It’s a question of trade-off.