What is if a big Disk fail?

I have a question. One node died unrecoverable. Can I kill the identity somehow directly without waiting the 30 days?
And no I can’t fix anything there because all files are gone. (I only have a backup of the identity)

If I understand it correctly. Make a new identity and start with this from new. So make it all over again.

2 Likes

Delete all the data including identity and start over, requesting a new token and creating a new identity. No need to kill anything; the satellites will take care of the problem. Your node, data and history are gone.

2 Likes

New node is running. But I want to kill my identity. I know myself and I will Panik If receive an email about a disqualified node in one month :sweat_smile:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: just send yourself an email every day until you get used to it. :rofl:

2 Likes

whoa… I hate toshiba’s for the slowest speed in the world… I have one. It’s reliable… But incredible slow (and it’s CMR!!!).

1 Like

It will be killed after 30 days offline anyway. So the email is inevitable, sorry…

Which one? :thinking:

I have a number of Toshiba, Seagate, WD from 16 to 20 TB. Just bought what was cheapest when I needed new drives.

Honestly, I can’t see any significant difference in performance.

TOSHIBA DT01ACA200, it’s 1.82 TB MBR
It’s working noticeable slower than the WD of the similar size.