Where to buy public ip?

where to buy public ip? which website

You get one form your ISP you can ask them but I doubt they will even consider it if you aren’t a company. Or a VPN might be a solution, I wouldn’t recommend

1 Like

What are you trying to do ?

new node with new ip public but isp does not provide

Residential ISP’s generally will not hand out static or more than one IP per account. Generally if I wanted to have multiple single IP in separate /24 networks would require me to have a business account and deal with higher pricing.

1 Like

IP addresses are given by ISPs, if you want a static one you can ask your ISP for for it, but it’s gonna cost money and it might be significant.

1 Like

Set up Dynamic DNS and you won’t need a static IP.

https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/port-forwarding

1 Like

where you live ? in Denmark it really no problem getting one and cost only 3,11 $

Brazil…

You guys are buying from ISPs? Or how is it working?
Edit: Sorry to wake up, year old thread…

Not sure if you mean public IP or public static IP. I have a static from my ISP. However, I would say the majority of SNO’s are using Dynamic DNS such as NOIP.com to make it work. As a static IP is not necessary.

As for not having an IP at all, dynamic or static, I’m not sure what you do there. You would maybe pass written pieces of paper to someone who has one and they would type what you need on the Internet. :wink:

you definitely need some address if you want to send messages, electronic or paper :slightly_smiling_face:

I meant more public IPs per one router. If I understand @tola5 correctly, you can buy/rent IP from ISP if you live in Denmark. Wondering how it is done.

1 Like

You would need to ask your ISP. You can’t just buy an IP from somewhere. This is not how it works.

I pay ÂŁ5/month for a (static) IPv4 address for instance, because my ISP only gives IPv6 addresses and a private IPv4 behind CGNAT.