Which satellite is having most egress traffic in your nodes?

Hi

Which satellite is having most egress traffic in your nodes?

My node is located in Rome, Italy. The satellites with the most output are us1 and us2

US1. You can see the overall network stats here if you want.
https://storjstats.info/d/storj/storj-network-statistics?orgId=1

US2, really? I get literally next to nothing on that one… and I’m in the US.

no sorry, I read wrong, you’re right, us2 little traffic, the major ones are us1 and eu1
eu1 is one third of us1

Ok that’s what I thought. Same here. EU1 is the most ingress at the moment though.

For me too eu1 has the highest input

us1 (233 GB this month), followed by eu1 (32 GB).

Unfortunately the EU1 satellite does not have the same ingress to egress ratio like the US1 satellite. I hope Storj will do some investigation why it is like that.

I would imagine it’s just normal use. Not everyone has the same use case. I doubt there’s anything wrong.

1 Like

The question to investigate would be why the usage is different. I am not saying it is wrong. But the numbers are that the satellite with the largest number of accounts has the most ingress but not the most egress. If it was my business I would be interested to learn why the usage pattern is different between US and EU.
EU looks more like a backup pattern, big uploading, but less downloading. While US looks more like a streaming pattern. For EU this could mean to adjust which customers to target.

I assume Storj probably has an idea of their customers use cases but only to a certain degree. You or I could start uploading tons of data and never touch it and Storj would have no idea what we’re doing or plan to do.

This could very well be the case!

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: GDPR or HIPPA compliance

Here are my stats this month:
Screenshot 2023-02-15 135921