Which version now?

i want to kown which version now ??
my snd show :Storage Node Dashboard ( Node Version: v1.3.3 )
but i get the version now is v1.4.3 from github .
how can i up to the newest version ??
i use the command :

ming@ulinux:~$ sudo docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:alpha                                   
alpha: Pulling from storjlabs/storagenode
Digest: sha256:59b702a4e69f7bd681a8ca443f250cc50f3e1f9113332b625c9e6462546b0fb7
Status: Image is up to date for storjlabs/storagenode:alpha
docker.io/storjlabs/storagenode:alpha
ming@ulinux:~$ date
2020幓 05꜈ 17ę—„ ę˜ŸęœŸę—„ 18:59:07 CST

it wonā€™t work.

By the way ,i receive little data since 5.14.2020 ,anyone like me ? receive little data ??

The docker version is released i think a week after the github release. This is in order to slowly update nodes (from what i understand).

So just run watchtower, and let it take care of it.

pretty sure you should be pulling the beta versionā€¦
using

$ docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:beta

as stated in the link below ā€¦ if you are on linux,

currently only windows can update to 1.4.3

the linux version of 14.3 will be out in like the coming week or maybe the week after.

https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node

you can see when the last version was released hereā€¦
https://hub.docker.com/layers/storjlabs/storagenode/beta/images/sha256-c7f5737f165069f671bb21fe7306213bc6777269d74e0c29881ff41b7961c8de?context=explore

1 Like

i have a watchtower ,but i didnā€™t work!
733485a8a9f5 storjlabs/watchtower "/watchtower storjp1ā€¦" 2 days ago Up 2 days watchtower
which version now u node??

Relax, weā€™re all on 1.3.3. Just be patient and let watchtower do its job.

3 Likes

receive little data ?? from 5.14

receive little data ?? from 5.14

yes the network is very quite at the momentā€¦ there is no problem with your nodeā€¦
its just the activity level of the storj network that is lacking.

you can see if the node is online in the dashboardā€¦ itā€™s one of the things its really reliable at tell usā€¦ xD
one of the few lol

Isnā€™t there a way to let people know that the docker update is coming a week later? Every time the forum is full of topics when there is an update.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think itā€™s wise to mention it with every changelog posted. But on the upside, the node dashboard has stopped telling people to update before itā€™s even possible. So this time around there are already much fewer questions because of that change.

Iā€™ve been posting this image every time the question comes up. Docker canā€™t be updated until the 8th day after the changelog is posted. And it will be automatically updated within 10 days (which you should simply wait for, it works like this for a reason).
Btw, this is an indication, it might take a little longer or go a little faster, but this is the usual timeline.

4 Likes

one thing i find really odd are these commands that are floating aroundā€¦

like this guy was using

`   docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:alpha`

then there is the documentation one
https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node

docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:beta

and the one from the docker pageā€¦
https://hub.docker.com/r/storjlabs/storagenode

docker pull storjlabs/storagenode

and then i think watchtower uses one called
docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Hmmmm maybe iā€™m just an idiot but it seems obvious now that this is a parameter, so one can easier select the image to pullā€¦ DOH sorry just me being stupidā€¦
is there a
docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:stable
hehe not that mine is unstable, but might be useful to keep a version around with limited confusing dashboard bugs and suchā€¦

1 Like

Oh right. Now that you say it, I notice that too. Nevertheless, there still has to be a solution for the forum. Or a small note in the update documentation ā€œThe updates for Docker will be rolled out a week later. Donā€™t be surprised that they donā€™t have the latest version yetā€ or the picture you posted.

So far, Watchtower has always taken care of the updates reliably.

3 Likes

that stuff only goes wrong when you are just landed on a 14 day holiday ā€¦
i like to manual updateā€¦ its not really a bother and then i know that it will not go wrongā€¦ thus i should be able to leave the storagenode for atleast a month and it should just keep running without any troubleā€¦

3 Likes

But thatā€™s always so xD If something goes wrong I have OpenVPN and as a backup a second OpenVPN server. I have several things at home and in data centers, so automatic updates are a great relief. (But yes, I agree with you that there is always a certain risk and troubleshooting manual updates is easier)

i only have one node, so not really a big concern yet, but if i had many nodes and such i would still want to setup so that it asks for my permission to update and then reports the completion and verifies the storagenode is upā€¦ it nice to be able to have time to go fix it when it updates, just in case something goes sideways.

instead of it decides to update when one steps out of a plane lol
most of the time updates can wait a pretty long time and does little for overall node functions or performance.