Who trust Tardigrade in such a way and Store his SEED from Bitcoin and other as plain text?

Does somebody use Tardigrade to backup his SEED in a plain text so just use the encryption from Tardigrade?

Don’t do that.

It’s preferable to not store one’s private keys or seed words on any cloud based service or location.

Why would you do that! Every cautionary tale for crypto says to save seed offline.

1 Like

Why would I do that? for a 2-3kb file … to store it on cloud :-??

So you all say you do not trust zero knowledge of Tardigrade

1 Like

THERE IS NO SYSTEM ON EARTH THAT IS 100% PROTECTED !! NOR THERE WILL EVER BE !

2 Likes

Trust forever is not the same as trust right now.

If one stores one’s Wallet Seed words on a cloud based system, one needs to understand that any given cryptographic algorithm will eventually reach a sunset date. There are also vulnerabilities which might be exploited by unknown and unknowable entities.

It’s one thing to have one’s limited property stolen through an exploit. It’s quite another to have one’s entire savings stolen through that exploit.

Private keys should never be stored in any public location even if those keys are encrypted. However, in some cases, such storage is unavoidable. Placing one’s Wallet seed words online is definitely not needed.

2 Likes

I agree with what is posted here by others. I even avoid storing my seed digitally ever. You don’t even want it on your local machine. And you never want it as plain text anywhere. I only have a hard copy of it.

That said, I think a lot of people may just have a few tokens in their wallet. It’s up to you how strict you want to be with your seed. Just keep in mind that if anyone other than you gets their hands on it, it’s no longer your money.

Just tattoo the seed phrase on your body where no one can see it but you :smiley:

Do you trust your tattoo artist?
And what is that place? The inside of the eyelids?

2 Likes

Hahahaha, it could be somewhere intimate where maybe only your GF or wife could see it, but wouldn’t have a clue what it is :stuck_out_tongue: Unless you’re dating some double agent spy who’s out to find your riches :smiley:

…find your riches, right next to the family jewels

1 Like