Why does Storj use the STORJ token?

If that were true, I don’t think there is any real reason to just use storj token, one can achieve the same purpose by sending Bitcoin or ETH, and also you say:

so you can send any coin amount calculated in USD, doesn’t care about the coin price fluctuation.

But I think storj token should have more utility, it should tightly integrate into the system by design, to solve real problem, not just for simplify the payments. For example, in this case, we can use storj token as a collateral, to solve the “too soon to disqualified” issue.(If it really can)

I’m not mean “buying reputation”, I mean “stake the token as a collateral”. you couldn’t buy reputation, but you can stake tokens to proof you are a good actor, not a bad actor(because bad actor doesn’t want to stake so long.)

If you withdraw tokens, you lose that proof, but that doesn’t mean you have low reputation, you can still have high reputation while get disqualified for some reason. For example, you can sell your high reputation machine to a bad actor, but you definitely not sent your collateral tokens to the buyer. So if the buyer want to use that machine to do something bad, he must stake tokens, either through buy or borrow, and stake for a long time, but that is not affordable.

In this way, the system have incentive to normal operators, and avoid bad operators.