Why does Storj use the STORJ token?

well at lets say 0.05$ pr payment thats an added overhead cost of 6000 SNO’s x 6 Satellites x 12 months in a year
432000 transfers of 0.05$ giving us a grand total 21600$ added overhead a year…
while using storj tokens it’s in house computer gear and electricity, which then is a greatly reduced number, might be talking out of my ass tho, not really that knowledgeable in all things crypto.
but thats how i have understood it… anyways… so the question becomes…

would you rather be paid in ETH or actually have the funds go towards making a better product, making your life simpler… ofc if you get ETH payouts, then you would save 0.05$ a month, but it’s not because the money saves comes out of nothing…

and in the end, if it was to be changed, you really think you would gain anything from that… because storj would just adjust the payout pr TB to account for the costs they have…
somebody has to pay somewhere… using ones own token for administration makes good sense imo.
personally i don’t really care how i’m paid… tho i do kinda see owning storj tokens as a modern way of dealing with shares of companies… i doubt thats a correct perspective… but if it isn’t then maybe it should be.