Why is my satellite dashboard blank

The dashboard for storj-sim satellite (http://127.0.0.1:10002/project-dashboard)
Shows the login fine but when i actually login it shows a blank grey screen

Because you have to compile the webfrontend.

As an alternative you might want to try storj-up instead since that will deploy the web frontend and is easier to use. Here is my code snipet for storj-up

rm -r up
git clone git@github.com:storj/up
cd up

# install storj.io/storj-up@latest
go install ./...

storj-up init
storj-up build remote github -b main storagenode satellite-api satellite-core satellite-admin uplink versioncontrol
storj-up build remote github -b main gateway-mt linksharing authservice

docker-compose build
docker-compose --compatibility up -d

#give it some time to start up
storj-up credentials --email alice@mail.test

Originally i did try storj-up and me and Alexey decided it may not be possible on a rpi we also thought the same about Sim and got it going though but i do know the basics of building for storj-sim
Is it like how the node dashboard is built
Because i have managed that so if so i just need to know the folder to npm install in thanks @littleskunk

Also which would you recommend for performance and running an actual sat with real nodes (i am ok with manuly building things ) i also think it may of made storj Sim work to connect external nodes and i am also willing to modify what ever code of Configs i need i love the programming and technical stuff (the main reason i also love storj-sim)
But if storj-up will be better (again performance not difficulty)

I would recommend a stand-alone satellite. Ofc it comes with the same difficulties you are facing right now.

For the web frontend, you will need web/satellite and the commands are npm install npm run build and npm run wasm or something like that. I haven’t used it for a while.

The satellite has a path to the web folder somewhere. You will need that as well.

Wait a standalone satellite???
How would i do this , modify storj-sim to only start it and link other services (uplink, gateway,etc) to another device (s)running them? @littleskunk
Because i plan to document the process to make a community satellite and upload it so others can use it as people want community satellites but most (as far as i know) give up due to little documentation (ofc i understand why y’all don’t have it for everything) but i plan to make it available once i succeeded

My output from the npm run wasm
sudo npm run wasm

storj-satellite@0.1.0 wasm
chmod +x ./scripts/build-wasm.sh && ./scripts/build-wasm.sh

./scripts/build-wasm.sh: line 4: go: command not found
cp: cannot stat ‘/misc/wasm/wasm_exec.js’: No such file or directory
failed to open input file [./static/wasm/wasm_exec.js]: No such file or directory
./scripts/build-wasm.sh: line 10: go: command not found
failed to open input file [./static/wasm/access.wasm]: No such file or directory
npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path /home/pi/storj/web/satellite
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c chmod +x ./scripts/build-wasm.sh && ./scripts/build-wasm.sh

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2022-06-26T13_13_14_211Z-debug.log
pi@raspberrypi:~/storj/web/satellite $ cat /root/.npm/_logs/2022-06-26T13_13_14_211Z-debug.log
cat: /root/.npm/_logs/2022-06-26T13_13_14_211Z-debug.log: Permission denied
pi@raspberrypi:~/storj/web/satellite $ sudo cat /root/.npm/_logs/2022-06-26T13_13_14_211Z-debug.log
0 verbose cli [ ‘/usr/bin/node’, ‘/usr/bin/npm’, ‘run’, ‘wasm’ ]
1 info using npm@7.5.2
2 info using node@v12.22.5
3 timing config:load:defaults Completed in 5ms
4 timing config:load:file:/usr/share/nodejs/npm/npmrc Completed in 6ms
5 timing config:load:builtin Completed in 8ms
6 timing config:load:cli Completed in 6ms
7 timing config:load:env Completed in 1ms
8 timing config:load:file:/home/pi/storj/web/satellite/.npmrc Completed in 1ms
9 timing config:load:project Completed in 3ms
10 timing config:load:file:/root/.npmrc Completed in 0ms
11 timing config:load:user Completed in 1ms
12 timing config:load:file:/etc/npmrc Completed in 0ms
13 timing config:load:global Completed in 0ms
14 timing config:load:cafile Completed in 1ms
15 timing config:load:validate Completed in 1ms
16 timing config:load:setUserAgent Completed in 2ms
17 timing config:load:setEnvs Completed in 3ms
18 timing config:load Completed in 32ms
19 verbose npm-session 339eefd08cb5cbfc
20 timing npm:load Completed in 69ms
21 timing command:run-script Completed in 142ms
22 verbose stack Error: command failed
22 verbose stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/share/nodejs/@npmcli/promise-spawn/index.js:64:27)
22 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:314:20)
22 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1022:16)
22 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:287:5)
23 verbose pkgid storj-satellite@0.1.0
24 verbose cwd /home/pi/storj/web/satellite
25 verbose Linux 5.15.32-v8+
26 verbose argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “run” “wasm”
27 verbose node v12.22.5
28 verbose npm v7.5.2
29 error code 1
30 error path /home/pi/storj/web/satellite
31 error command failed
32 error command sh -c chmod +x ./scripts/build-wasm.sh && ./scripts/build-wasm.sh
33 verbose exit 1

Also i think it have seen somewhere say try cd … to go up a level but the output of that is

sudo npm run wasm
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path /home/pi/storj/web/package.json
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/home/pi/storj/web/package.json’
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2022-06-26T13_17_02_873Z-debug.log
pi@raspberrypi:~/storj/web $

storj-sim is already running the real satellite binary. With stand-alone satellite I mean just the satellite without all the other binaries.

Please keep in mind that it metters which version you check out. If you compile from a release tag your binary will run with release settings. If you compile from any branch including release branches your satellite will run with dev default. satellite version will tell you if you are currently running with dev or release defaults.

For the compiling itself, you need one more command. ./scripts/release.sh install ./cmd/satellite. That script will also point out if you are on a release tag (release defaults) or not (dev defaults)

but all this is maybe for later. Let’s get your storj-sim running first before moving on to the next challenges.

You are missing golang. How did you compile storj-sim if there is no golang installed?

Tbh i thought it was saying no golang
So the next command i executed was
Go and it told me about go

inclusive path varaible or more like ./go version? It needs to be in the path variable otherwise the script will not find it.

I had path issues for go and installing storj-sim i couldn’t use -race so i did all the commands manuly without it
But for other go stuff it works i set the path as Alexey said

The output of go version is

@raspberrypi:~/flask_auth_app/project/templates $ go version
go version go1.17 linux/arm64

@littleskunk

Any idea what the issue could be

Update: node.js was uninstalled now it’s installed but I continue to receive error (from IP:10002)about UI being unbuilt