Windows GUI won't install

Maybe you just need to restart your computer it always fixes issues…

Running extracted installer with the default installation folder solved the issue.

1 Like

Im having the exact same issue, I have tried running the extracted installer just as you said and it’s still not working

Please, uninstall the storagenode, delete the "C:\Program Files\Storj" folder completely.
Give me result of the command (Powershell):

Get-Service Dnscache | Select-Object *

Deleted the folder and reinstalled, worked fine up and going now! Thanks.

Now on the storj node dashboard is saying offline. I have done the port check online and it’s saying it’s not seeing my ip on that port. Where did I mess that up?

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Node Offline windows UI

System:Windows Server 2012 R2

Hello @Storage,
Welcome to the forum!

Try to uninstall the storagenode, remove the "C:\Program Files\Storj" folder

Please, give me result of the command (Powershell):

Get-Service Dnscache | Select-Object *

Click the finish button to exit the setup wizard and there is no such path folder in the C dirve

Please search for errors in the System Events on time of installation, related to the Storage node and copy them here.

Ending Windows Installer transaction C: \ Users \ Administrator \ Desktop \ storagenode.msi. Client process ID: 38292

Product: Storj V3 Storage Node – Installation failed.

The Windows Installer has installed the product. Product name: Storj V3 Storage Node. Product version: 1.1.1.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Storj Labs Inc. Successful installation or error status: 1603.

Search for the next one with a large text, where you can see something like storagenode.exe setup

Where can I see it? i cant find it

In the System Events.
Please, extract the installer to your local drive to the Downloads folder for example, and run the installer from there, make sure that "C:\Program Files\Storj" folder doesn’t exist before the installation.
If installer would fail, then search for errors in the Event Viewer, it should collect all errors at start. Copy all errors text, related to the storage node.

LOG
Let me export the log file and pass it to you, please help me diagnose it, thank you

Those only Information messages. There should be error messages too.

Ok, let’s do it in a different way.
Open a Powershell as Administrator.
Execute:

cd C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\
.\storagenode.msi /lv install.log

Then perform the installation, give me a log install.log from the Desktop.

Install.log

Please, enable the Windows Firewall, then try again.

I have a new problem,StorJ service can not start