Windows Installer early test version

under Windows Sometimes a restart of docker does the trick and sometimes a reset

Did you update your docker to latest version ? You should try this

Run powershell as admin
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Storj v3" -Direction Inbound –Protocol TCP –LocalPort 28967 -Action allow

Hi John, Thanks but I am not running docker under Windows (there is that early test version - installer). Docker I am running few months on Synology NAS without problems.

Hi John, Thanks but I am not running docker under Windows (there is that early test version - installer). Docker I am running few months on Synology NAS without problems.

Hi Nerdatwork,

I have ran that command in elevated PS before but does not help :frowning:

Forward table on the router looks like:

The same settings I have for Synology NAS so only IP is different and it is working fine.

My bad, I didn’t notice the title of that window. Can you try checking the “Storj V3 Storage Node” & “Storj V3 Storage Node Updater” services are running or not ? You can access services by using services.msc in your RUN window.

Yep both are running:

But why there is no configured IP in the log visible? Is that OK?

Sorry it looks like my message was not clear. The early test is finished. You can find the official release here: https://documentation.storj.io/setup/gui-windows/storage-node

I have updated my first post and hope that will help.

OK reinstalled but still the same issue hmm

What is full coomand for dashboard do you use?

I may be misunderstanding something, but it looks like both nodes are running on the same external port according to your screenshots. This is not possible, you need to pick a different port for your second node.

1 Like

Hi BrightSilence,
Yes that was my initial question as well if this is possible because I have seen this as one potential issue. And you were right. I have configured different port and now I am green but getting these errors in log so not sure if this is normal or need to check something else?
Can be problem with that I am using the same certificate for both NAS node and for Windows node?

You cannot run multiple nodes with the same identity, you are seeing now why this is the case. This node is looking for pieces that are stored on your other node, and vice versa now. You will constantly fail audits with both nodes. You most likely should request new auth tokens for both nodes and start back from the beginning, unless you got lucky and the other node never shows these same errors. In that case stop the node with the errors immediately to avoid this problem from starting on the other node.

Ok looks like it is works with few errors:

Well what is the point have it two identities behind one static IP address? I know that one big node is better than more smaller but in case you have two different HW and both has unused disk space this should work normally IMHO :slight_smile:

You’re running 2 nodes that each hold their own data. If they use the same identity, the satellites can’t tell them apart. It will assume it is a single node and expect all data to be available on that node. By having each node use their own identity the satellites know exactly which node holds which piece and thus ask the right node for the piece instead. You can never have more than one node with the same identity, it doesn’t matter if it’s on the same IP.

1 Like

OK that´s make sense for me. Thank you for explanation. How can I generate new identity? Do I have to request it and if yes where I can do it? First time I have received because I was on waitlist for V3 and received email with instructions. Do I have to go again on waitlist? Just do not want lost my old identity and node. Thank you

Yes, you have to go on the wait list again. But it moves pretty fast these days. Please use a different email address.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Is there is a DMG installation for MacOS?

@littleskunk
Caused an error by playing around with my 500Gb TTN (TestTrashNode)
First:
My TTN is on two HDD’s (One for the Data “USB HDD” one for the Installer ‘‘main HDD’’)

If I unplugged and replugged the Data USB HDD nothing happens.
Terminal and Web Dashboard is showing online. No ‘‘visible’’ errors.
In this case everything looks right for the DAU.
But the Node stops working in the background.
A lot of disk I/O error are showing in the Logs.

Is it possible to programm something like this?:
If node Log show/print more than 20 Errors in a row, change green Online to yellow Online?

(Yes, to put it on two HDD’s is not the best option, but a lot of people will doing this with the Windows Installer.(It’s only a TTN and not one of my main Nodes. ))