Windows node cannot start, stop, restart or reinstall. I will be disqualified :(

It has finished!

After a second round of chkdsk, my node is finally back online. I hope it wont get disqualified after all, but for now it has been a tonne of fun getting it up again, and hopefully my thread will help someone in the future

Thank you very much for your help. @Stob, @vladro, @Alexey, @jammerdan and @Toyoo !

1 Like

I’m sorry I didn’t see this thread earlier, but next time, try chkdsk without the full surface scan first. It looked from your earlier screenshot like it resolved some file system issues which were most likely your problem to begin with. 90+% of the time, that will fix the issue in minutes, without requiring the days long scan for bad sectors.

For what it’s worth, you definitely know for sure that your storage is fine now.

2 Likes

Hiya BrightSilence.

I did do both right-click-scan-this-drive method, and a surface scan before attempting to do the full scan. Either did sadly not work. But thanks anyhow, I will be sure to keep you comment in mind, should I run into a similar issue at another time :slight_smile:

2 Likes