Windows server 2019 node doesn't start anymore - incorrect diskspace?

Running the node in a VM on hyper-v and it doesn’t start anymore:
my config has:
650 GB storage.allocated-disk-space

e: as storage path

e: is a partition of 775 GB

in the log file i got an error

total diskspace is less then required minimum 500 GB

is there a check wrong somewhere?

Is your OS also running on the same drive?

Hello @wiebren ,
Welcome to the forum!

Please, give me result of the command (PowerShell):

Get-PSDrive

And result of this command (PowerShell):

sls storage.path "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml"

windows is running on c partition with own diskspace

I see. Please, check databases: How to fix a "database disk image is malformed" – Storj

looks like i’m unlucky, everything is OK

Ok this is totally fine.
The only problem, that storagenode cannot recognize an own data.
Have you reinstalled storagenode recently?

If not, then please, modify the "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml" file and change parameter storage2.monitor.minimum-disk-space to 494GB, save the config and restart the storagenode service either from the Services applet or from the elevated PowerShell:

Restart-Service storagenode

Then check your dashboard. It should show all used space that you have had before.

that did the trick.

i haven’t reinstalled anything. i’ve tried earlier today to update manualy and that did show an error that the data couldn’t be found.

i think a month ago i’ve turned of disk caching already because the VM kept crashing, then it was stable for a while. since last week the VM was dreadfull slow. And today i had some more time to look into stuff.

Thanks for the help. Anything i can do to prevent this?

You are welcome!
Do you still have an error in the logs that you have less free space than allocated?
What’s the filesystem on this disk?

Marking it as solution was a bit prematurely, the error has occured another 2 times, with me apply-ing the same solution , lowering the minimum.
Any suggestions?

/edit. It’s NTFS filesystem

The storagenode is unable to recognize data. This could be only if you changed an identity.
And this is not a solution - it’s a workaround to allow storagenode finish filewalker and update local databases with actual usage. And obviously it didn’t make it.
Could you please show storage section from your dashboard?
Do you use network attached drive for data?