Your Node is Disqualified AP1

NodeId: 122jgkpSVmxzAyMK2oxy3pkksyzNVY2MRQZk35oBR6LHM6NyTLq

docker logs storagenode 2>&1 | grep -E “GET_AUDIT|GET_REPAIR” | grep failed

result:

2023-10-24T22:07:50Z ERROR piecestore download failed {“process”: “storagenode”, “Piece ID”: “LBCMLE3GA25QWZWH7HCDOFV2CYQVMKUKF2NVFLKIYIQVQGXDDERA”, “Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “Action”: “GET_AUDIT”, “Offset”: 229120, “Size”: 0, “Remote Address”: “34.146.139.227:54370”, “error”: “file does not exist”, “errorVerbose”: “file does not exist\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpcstatus.Wrap:75\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Download:684\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func2:251\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:33\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:61\n\tstorj.io/common/experiment.(*Handler).HandleRPC:42\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:124\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:66\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:114\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:35”}

Please I need help.

Guess the drive is dying, stop the node check smart, repair filesystem, move to new drive.
you have ~11-30 days

1 Like

Approximately 3 weeks ago I started a new copy of storj but with the same node id, of course without files.

Could it be because of this? My hard drive is all good and works fine.

You need new identity for all nodes !
For further nodes you can/should/must reuse ip/dns payout adress and email.

You need new :drive, cpu core, port, bandwidh, and singed identity. Its time for the second when the first hits the 80 to 95% full of data. Or struggles with filesystem.

1 Like

But when you put a new node id, what will happen to the funds that were in the previous node id?

That is my concern.

Payouts will be combined per month.

If you want to decomission/shut down the first node,
try the Gracefull exit guide to get the held amount.

The held amount is lost for the satellites disqualified your node. However, not distributed payout will be send when this balance will clear a minimum payout threshold (4x of the fee to transfer ERC20 tokens).
As soon as you stop the clone, the less harm will be done for your original node. I would also recommend to move all files from blobs folder of the clone to the original without replace, this may save it from disqualification on remained satellites.
By the way, you can continue run an original if it’s not disqualified on all satellites, they will still pay you.
But the clone must be stopped forever!

was not sure about that, but its logical.

It is the same node, just without all other pieces. However, it likely was able to receive some pieces. And if you remove them, they will be lost forever for the original too.

Should I create a new identity, or just delete storj and use the same identity but different node id?

For a new node you must generate a new identity, not clone the existing one, it’s already disqualified on at least one satellite, losing remained data will just finish it, it will be totally and permanently disqualified.

There is no recovery of lost data to the node which managed to lost it, this data will be recovered to other more reliable nodes but yours.

Using a new authorization token with the cloned identity will produce the same identity.

So you need to generate a new identity, sign it with a new authorization token and start with a clean storage.