zkSync | The concept | zkSync optin not showing

Dear all,

I have decided to start using zkSync. I have read the documentation, please confirm if I understood correctly:

1. zkSync allows to make the transfer from the company to my wallet cheaper. For the further exchanges towards FIAT it does not provide advantages.

2. Thanks zkSync I will receive the STORJ on my metamask wallet, still in STORJ currency

3. In order to exchange my STORJs to a FIAT currency I will have to exchange to multiple exchanges, e.g.: STORJ >> ETH >> EUR. By each step I will have to pay fees.

4. If the fees are in ETH then MyEtherWallet (my first wallet) requires me to buy at least 1 ETH = ca. 2’800€. I cannot buy less than that. Such fees are required to send and to swap STORJ.

Moving STORJ seems quite expensive and makes the whole not so sexy. Most probably I should forget about it for the next years to come. Or… if ETH skyrockets… I will never be able to pay for the fees. :smiley: :smiley: Maybe better buy now 1 ETH and be set for the future.

Besides the conceptual issues I have also a configuration issue. I have followed the steps described in the documentation. Still I do not get the green mention of zkSync optin, which the instructions describe as the confirmation that the configuration is correct. What am I doing wrong?

As per instructions I have added this line to my config.yaml file:

operator.wallet-features: [“zksync”]

I also changed my old public kademlia.operator.wallet to the new one which I got from Metamask.

Current node version: 1.25.2

Thanks!

Hi @aseegy
Firstly you are running a very old node version. Please update ASAP.

Some of what you ask is personal opinion and some people will agree with you whilst others will disagree. So my opinion on your questions…

In my opinion this is mostly true. The main advantages are the 10% bonus and zksync transaction fees can be paid in STORJ.

Correct. STORJ token.

Yes.

Incorrect. You don’t need 1 ETH as a minimum, it just needs to be enough to cover the transaction fee. Also zksync transaction fees can be paid in STORJ instead of ETH.

2 Likes

Hello @Stob and thanks for your answer! :slight_smile:

I also have realized that the node is outdated, there is an issue with the updater link.

Incorrect. You don’t need 1 ETH as a minimum, it just needs to be enough to cover the transaction fee. Also zksync transaction fees can be paid in STORJ instead of ETH.

I will try again to buy less than 1 ETH on MEW and see if they allow me to. Another option could be to transfer ETH from another account which allows me to buy less than 1ETH. Still it is not an easy process I find, because each step requires fees and those are not that easy to calculate in advance.

If you get paid in zkSync you can pay the fee in STORJ. No need to buy ETH.

2 Likes