1 of 4 nodes still not updated to 1.26.3

The Windows GUI node that has not updated to 1.26.3 has historically always been the first node to update. I tried restarting the node and then restarting the updater but still no update to 1.26.3
Is something wrong? Has the rollout of 1.26.3 completed?

your node should be updated by now…
check that the auto update thing is working correctly, or do a manual update and setup the auto update again…

not sure how it works in windows without docker…
but you should get it updated… its been like 12 days since 1.26.3 hit docker which is about a week after windows node software release…
i forget if its a week or 2 weeks the auto update might take… leaning towards a week but really can’t remember… you node is late…

Check the storagenode-updater.log. By default it’s in the C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node folder.

he log shows this error:
2021/03/25 01:14:07 downloading versions from https://version.storj.io/release/
2021/03/25 01:14:07 storage node version is up to date
2021/03/25 07:14:07 downloading versions from https://version.storj.io/release/
2021/03/25 07:14:07 invalid character ‘p’ after top-level value

and continues with that error thru today

I downloaded the updater and copies it to the storj folder after stopping the service. When I restart the updater service I get this error:
The process terminated unexpectedly.

The log shows this:
27T10:22:58.114-0500 FATAL Error loading identity. {“error”: “file or directory not found error: open C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\Storagenode\identity.cert: The system cannot find the path specified.”, “errorVerbose”: "file or directory not found error: open

the identity files are actually located in …\Storj\identity\storagenode

Check your config.yaml for that node as the identity path is probably set incorrectly, or using an %environment variable% of some kind.

The node is 18 months old and has been working correctly until the updater error on 3/25/2021.

I created the folders in the path C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\Storagenode\
and copied the identify files to that location, restated the updater and now it works and the node is now on v1.26.3.

I have no idea what caused it to break.

I’m not disagreeing with you. There have been 1 or 2 issues similar to yours where the update hasn’t worked due to an odd issue with the config.yaml settings.

I checked my 3 other nodes (which update just fine) and none of them have the C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\Storagenode\ set of path folders (starting at the \Storj\ folder).

Very stranger. Maybe the updater exe I copied over was an old version (I used a path from an old forum problem entry). But that still does not explain the original issue with the updater.