$50 for 1 on 1 assistance installing Storj

now getting stuck here

Should i reboot? and if so will the NODE start by itself ?

Yeah it should auto start with a reboot, The install sometimes times out not sure why…But its been a few years since ive installed a node.

Its still hanging up but got farther. not sure why. I am going to reboot again and this time leave it while i eat my lunch, After that Ill write back with what happens. I hope you will still be here to help then.

Cant access dashboard tho via local network to my IP:14003

You are almost there. The storagenode must finish starting before you can access the dashboard on port 14003.

Not sure you can connect to it less its on the same pc you would need to set the docker to the localhost plus the port

Ok so now getting a TON of errors when i run that command

not even sure where to start with this but here is one :

2023-02-02T18:20:48.730Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Satellite ID”: “xxxx”, “attempts”: 12, “error”: “ping satellite: context canceled”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:100\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}

Also shows that Status = OFFLINE

So i figured out that issue it was the port forwarding issue. Set that up and now says ONLINE
where can i tell how much $$$ I am making off my node ??

For an estimator: Realistic earnings estimator

If its running now you should be able to open the Dashboard on Port 14003.

Dont expect to start making anything till you finish vetting and fill up the node.

How do you do that?

What address do i put in there?

If you are directly on your Ubuntu localhost:14003.
If you are on another Computer you need to find in your Router the internal IP from the Ubuntu Server. Then internalip:14003.

I tried this and not getting anything as far as from my local IP that it is using
on that port

Just tried using the NOIP address as well :14003 and nothing either

Just as a suggestion. It seems like you are not really familiar with Linux. You can run the Storagenode on Windows too. This is maybe easier for you.

You can use

docker logs -f --tail 50 storagenode

to see the last 50 logs of your storagenode. Can you post them?

2023-02-02T20:47:38.174Z INFO piecestore uploaded{“Process”: “storagenode”, “Piece ID”: “XXXX”, “Satellite ID”: “XXXX”, “Action”: “PUT”, “Size”: 73728}
2023-02-02T20:48:22.119Z INFO piecestore upload canceled {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Piece ID”: “XXXX”, “Satellite ID”: “XXXX”, “Action”: “PUT”, “Size”: 0}

They all look like this.

As far as windows goes this is on a 2U server so windows is not really ideal for this situation
but you are right I am learning UBUNTU as i Go for sure. as I speak I just got a new entry to the log as well :

2023-02-02T20:50:52.613Z INFO piecestore uploaded {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Piece ID”: “xxxxx”, “Satellite ID”: “xxxx”, “Action”: “PUT”, “Size”: 18944}

You should set you log level to error. Now is info and will create a huge log file in a very short time. You don’t need to log all that, only the errors. For ex.:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
	-p 28967:28967/tcp \
	-p 28967:28967/udp \
	-p 14002:14002 \
	-e WALLET="xxx" \
	-e EMAIL="xxx" \
	-e ADDRESS="wan_ip:28967" \
	-e STORAGE="7TB" \
	--mount type=bind,source="/volume1/Storj/Identity/storagenode/",destination=/app/identity \
	--mount type=bind,source="/volume1/Storj/",destination=/app/config \
	--name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest \
	--log.level=error

Before you use the modiffied run command, you need to stop -t 300 storagenode, then rm storagenode, than use the new run command. Be aware that this is my run command. You must addapt it for your setup; use also the -user parameter. I don’t use it.