$50 for 1 on 1 assistance installing Storj

Where is the LOG stored and how do i delete it when it gets too big?

Also wondering how long the RED areas will take to change its been up now for 8hrs

If you did not redirect logs to the file, then they stored inside the container and will be deleted when you re-create the container.
You may specify logs parameters for your docker run command if you do not want to redirect logs to the file:

docker run ... \
--log-opt max-size=500m \
--log-opt max-file=10 \
storjlabs/storagenode:latest

These options means: log size 500MiB max, keep 10 logs.

If you would redirect logs to the file, then you may use logrotate tool instead (when you redirect, dockerā€™s log options will not work). See for example:

Regarding 0% for ap1 satelliteā€¦ Please make sure that your provider do not block connections from these IPs:

nslookup ap1.storj.io 8.8.8.8

and you do not block them on your router or firewall.

My NODE is now up and running. Thank you all for helping out.

How do you ā€˜re-create a containerā€™ does this require you to stop the docker and re-start it? and if so wont your up time be effected ?

Docker is used to create ephemeral containers, so all your persistent information (like data storage and identity) should be on your host. So, when you stop and remove the container, your data is not destroyed with it.
To stop and remove the container:

docker stop -t 300 storagenode
docker rm storagenode

You must never use the SETUP step again for the same node, otherwise you may destroy it. This step must be executed only once for that identity.

To run your node back you should execute a normal docker run command with all your parameters, include changed ones.

You donā€™t stop docker. Docker is just a container manager. You stop the container aka storagenode, that runs inside docker.
The logs are deleted by docker when you run the rm command. Only stop and restart dosenā€™t delete them. With each occasion when I must stop the storagenode, I also do the rm command, just to clear up the logs, then docker runā€¦
When you stop the storagenode, always use the stop -t 300, because it dosenā€™t instant kill the storagenode, and it gives it time to finish the work that is doing. Stoping it without the -t 300 can and probably will corrupt databases. That just says: hey storagenode, you must stop the work now; I give you 300s and than I will kill your process.

1 Like

Please check this run command for Synology NAS.
Is this OK as a run command? The places of options are OK?
Are the log-opt options placed correctly? Thanks!

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
	-p 28967:28967/tcp \
	-p 28967:28967/udp \
	-p 14002:14002 \
	-p 5999:5999 \
	-e WALLET="xxx" \
	-e EMAIL="xxx" \
	-e ADDRESS="xxx:28967" \
	-e STORAGE="14TB" \
	--mount type=bind,source="/volume1/Storj/Identity/storagenode/",destination=/app/identity \
	--mount type=bind,source="/volume1/Storj/",destination=/app/config \
	--name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest \
	--server.address=":28967" \
	--console.address=":14002" \
	--debug.addr=":5999" \
	--log-opt max-size=50m \
	--log-opt max-file=5 \
	--log.level=error \
	--filestore.write-buffer-size 4MiB \
	--pieces.write-prealloc-size 4MiB \
	--storage2.piece-scan-on-startup=true \
	--operator.wallet-features=zksync

Dockerā€™s options should be before the image name

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
	-p 28967:28967/tcp \
	-p 28967:28967/udp \
	-p 14002:14002 \
	-p 5999:5999 \
	-e WALLET="xxx" \
	-e EMAIL="xxx" \
	-e ADDRESS="xxx:28967" \
	-e STORAGE="14TB" \
	--mount type=bind,source="/volume1/Storj/Identity/storagenode/",destination=/app/identity \
	--mount type=bind,source="/volume1/Storj/",destination=/app/config \
	--log-opt max-size=50m \
	--log-opt max-file=5 \
	--name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest \
	--server.address=":28967" \
	--console.address=":14002" \
	--debug.addr=":5999" \
	--log.level=error \
	--filestore.write-buffer-size 4MiB \
	--pieces.write-prealloc-size 4MiB \
	--storage2.piece-scan-on-startup=true \
	--operator.wallet-features=zksync