April 10, 2024, March payouts complete

Hello! Payouts for the completed month of March are done.

Layer 1

For layer 1 payments, we paid 1864 unique wallet addresses. There is no specific minimum payment threshold but it appears that for standard payouts, the pipeline was able to pay out for people who earned $20.60 or more.

zkSync

For zkSync Legacy/Lite payments, we paid 845 unique wallet addresses. Thanks to everyone who helped us keep fees low by adopting zkSync! As a reminder, zkSync Era and Legacy adopters receive a 3% bonus.

For zkSync Era payments, we paid 245 unique wallet addresses. This is once again the most yet, and thank you for volunteering to help us try this new technology! Like zkSync Legacy/Lite, zkSync Era adopters received a 3% bonus. Note that zkSync payments of both kinds are now also subject to a minimum payout threshold. The pipeline paid any zkSync transaction of $0.30 or more.

Last month, we said that we intended to disable support for the deprecated zkSync Lite/Legacy and only support zkSync Era going forward now, but we received a lot of feedback. While zkSync Era has many improvements over zkSync Lite, there aren’t as many liquidity pools on zkSync Era yet, and so thanks to your feedback, we are waiting for more maturity on zkSync Era’s ecosystem before we disable zkSync Lite.

If you want to start using zkSync Era, you can do so by modifying your wallet features configuration. The wallet features value is an ordered list and can include multiple values. Here is how you would specify preferring zkSync Era to zkSync Lite/Legacy, and zkSync Lite/Legacy to layer 1 in your config file:

operator.wallet-features: ["zksync-era", "zksync"]

And here is how you would specify it on the command line:

--operator.wallet-features=zksync-era,zksync

Naturally, you can remove zksync from the comma-separated list if you only want zksync-era.

zkSync Era support in Storj Satellite

If you’ve been waiting, we now support paying your Storj account (on us1.storj.io, ap1.storj.io, or eu1.storj.io) via zkSync Era! Note that we did not and do not intend to add support for zkSync Lite, so be careful of the distinction. Nonetheless, you can now use your storage node earnings to pay your Storj bill if you have one via zkSync Era.

Cost basis tool

Also as announced in February, in advance of tax season, we are finally introducing something that has been long requested - clear cost basis reporting!

We haven’t yet added this data to storage node dashboards, which is a bit more complex since we would need to create a new protocol to provide historical data. So, instead, we’ve created a new tool for looking up the historical cost basis of any SNO transaction in 2023 and 2024:

https://costbasis.storj.tools/

I know some of our SNOs are quite handy with making scripts and tools. We thought of you and made sure there is a JSON API provided by this tool (click the Raw link after looking up a transaction for an example).

Ukrainian bonus

As we announced in October 9, 2023, September payouts complete and more payouts announcements , the Ukrainian node operator bonus period is now complete. We will be posting details of where our funds are being donated soon.

Final thoughts

Across all layers, we paid 2,917 unique addresses. As always, if you have more questions, please make sure you’ve read through our mega FAQ .

7 Likes

Much lower fees than last month, hooray!

Although there have been so many deletes lately that we many earn less this month… booo :wink:

ZigZag doesn’t seem to be working anymore. What other options are there to swap STORJ to USDT on zKsync Lite? The only working option I can see right now is to transfer STORJ to L1.

ZigZag seems to be defunct. Their discord is locked as of a month ago, and there seems to be some drama on their Twitter that I don’t want to read. There is also mention of scams on the zkSync discord.

Apparently some CEX support deposits via zkSync Lite. I saw Bybit mentioned in zkSync discord. That, direct bridging, or using something like Orbiter are the only ways to get your coins out of the chain. If you have ETH on Lite, MEXC, Binance, and I think OKX supports those deposits directly.

zkSync Lite is not receiving any more development (e.g. no blobs from the recent EIP-4484) and I think STORJ should also stop supporting it.

1 Like

Typo in the tool output:

Payed On

Shall be “Paid On”

1 Like

What was the Wallet feature option for L1? i had it set to ethereum, but still got paid out on era (which i had also as fallback on the list).

hi Jt, is it possible to include a message within the payout transaction? the $ rate could be included, because i always struggle to determinate on what course of dollar the STORJ was exchanged, so later i want to know to avoid selling it for less, You know.

Edit: @snorkel i mean, not really, the wallet shows me amount in $ for the current moment i look(how much it is in dollars in current moment), not the moment of a transaction (at txPortal • Manage your digital assets across zkSync networks)

Even in https://explorer.zksync.io/ theres no info,
so i just have to go to some coinmarket cap, and check the day of transaction, and check what exchange rate it was back then - its annoying,
so i got that idea: maybe it can be writen in the messages of a payout itself.
i mean the rate of STORJ/USD(T or C) that day, in approximate, or average,
coz You know, the exact rate would be know only after the transaction. obviously.

You check the payout dashboard for $ payout and the deposit history of your wallet for Stork token. Now you know that you received x Storj valued at y $.

Ou, I didn’t know that. I didn’t payed to much attention to those ammounts.

2 Likes

For the moment, the place this is available is at https://costbasis.storj.tools/. We have explored adding this to the SNO dashboard and may do so in the future, but it was easier to release this standalone tool than figure out how to backport historical data into the SNO dashboard for now. We have also tried to determine a way to add notes to Ethereum transactions, so this cost basis (or, the exchange rate we used) could show up in Etherscan or something. So far, we haven’t found a way that works well for Ethereum and zkSync Era together, but if someone discovers something here please let me know.

5 Likes

I can see I got the payment on ZkSync block explorer, but is there a way to manage these tokens in the MEW app? I can see non-ZK Storj tokens fine.

If you didn’t change the wallet-option, you will always get payout via Ethereum (L1) with their incredible fees.
See ZkSync Payments - Storj Docs

Actually, you can use https://costbasis.storj.tools/
But, seems you ignored all payout notifications so far?
Search results for 'tags:storagenode+payouts order:latest' - Storj Community Forum (official)