Audit or how to check if my node Is working proper

my node is now running since 24h_ what is a storj audit? do i make the audit for myself?
will it happen where will it be logged?
meanwhile i tested some scripts found in the forum:

Fetching satellite audits stat information. Please wait…
Sat ID: 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S
Unrecoverable Failed Audits: 0
Recoverable Failed Audits: 1
Successful Audits: 0

========== AUDIT =============
Successful: 0
Recoverable failed: 1
Unrecoverable failed: 0
Success Rate Min: 0.000%
Success Rate Max: 0.000%
========== DOWNLOAD ==========
Successful: 543
Failed: 0
Success Rate: 100.000%
========== UPLOAD ============
Successful: 342
Rejected: 0
Failed: 2
Acceptance Rate: 100.000%
Success Rate: 99.419%
========== REPAIR DOWNLOAD ===
Success Rate: 0.000%
========== REPAIR UPLOAD =====
Success Rate: 0.000%

thanks If there is any article in the forum please Link…
best m

The audits are requested randomly to the Storage Nodes by the Satellites.

The audit request and response is logged.

thanks for the fast answer.
i have 0% success rate_
is there something I have done wrong while setting up my node?
or how long does it takes to sync the node correctly?
actually there was a recoverable failed audit.
just any tip where to start or search.
and i have repair upload and download rate at 0%__ thanks for any links or advices

The audit that your storage node received had a recoverable error, so don’t worry about it.

Repair traffic only happens when a satellite repairs some data and your storage node can be involved in it. More data and free space, the more chances that your node is needed for any repair operations.

You don’t have to worry about repairs either.

Please, bear in mind that your storage node is new hence it’s in the vetting process so the amount of data that it will receive before it is vetted is lower. Your node should be vetted once it passes 100 audits.

Consider watching the logs.
If you find an error and there isn’t listed on Error Codes: What they mean and Severity Level [READ FIRST] and there isn’t already posted, please report it.

Hi Milaas,

You should also keep in mind that unless you are redirecting your logs to a file outside of the docker container (an advanced setup), each time you remove and recreate the storagenode container the logs will be erased. Since all of the stats produced by that script are from the docker logs, if you run it right after the container is created (for example, right after the node software is updated), your stats from that script will all be reset to zero since there is no historical log to source from.

Eventually there will be a more robust dashboard that should show many of these stats, but for now the logs and scripts are all we have.

2 Likes

hi baker,
that’s what I was thinking about.
because docker can’t safe logs for a long journey.
thanks for this advice. or mean info

2 Likes

No problem Milaas! That’s what everyone is here for!

Once you are more comfortable with the storj software, the method for redirecting the logs to an external file is outlined here. It is a bit advanced and if done incorrectly could leave you with no logs at all. So for now I would focus on reliability and uptime of your node.

1 Like

I have a few questions about the article https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/redirect-logs, which config.yaml file do I edit? Do I have to create it? Where is it located or where do I put it? Do I have to pass it to Docker in the command?

Hi.
There is only one config.yaml

It is located in your storage folder.
The folder where all the data goes to.

You dont have to do anything with it

When I uncomment log.output in config.yaml and set the path, I get

Error: couldn’t open sink “/home/pi/storj.txt”: open /home/pi/storj.txt: no such file or directory Usage:

followed by a long string of possible options, even though I did touch storj.txt and it clearly exists in my home folder.

The problem is that the node running inside the container, it doesn’t have such directory as /home/pi, because you haven’t mapped it in the docker run command with a --mount option. So, you should redirect to the one of mapped locations.
For example, /app/config/storagenode.log. This file storagenode.log will be available from the host in the storage location.

2 Likes