Auto Update, host offline

Hello,

I’m running a node with the docker image in a Linux machine.
In the last six weeks, I have the node, there was three automatic updates.
After all three updates, the docker didn’t restart and my node was offline. From some hours up to three days.
The watchtower is running.
Is there a way to prevent the unattended updates?
It would be helpful, if every operater gets a notification about the coming update.
Much better, as long it’s not an urgent update, if there will be some delay between the announcement and the auto update, so it can be done manually.

You need to use docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 in your docker run command as specified in the guide, then the container will be restarted automatically if it’s fail.

When you start your container back - is it online?
If not, you need to fix an issue using this check-list:

The automatic updates are integral part of the docker container, it cannot be postponed. It will update your node when its time to come (we updates nodes by waves depending on NodeID).

2 posts were split to a new topic: Price Comparison

I still have the problem.

When I’m restarting the container, it’s online. Sometimes it needs a second restart, buts OK.

I have had some problems with the installation. It was my first experience with docker.

I’m working with SSH from another computer.

Unfortunately I was not able to copy the lines like suggested into the terminal. So I played a little bit around until all commands are just in one input line.

Maybe there the restart command got lost.

Now I dont like to delete the container if I’m not sure how to setup it again properly.

My host is a Ubuntu server my PC a Linux mint lmde.

Anybody a die how to copy the multi line command to a terminal?

Multi-line example:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
    -p 28901:28967/tcp \
    -p 28901:28967/udp \
    -p 127.0.0.1:14001:14002 \
    -e WALLET="0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" \
    -e EMAIL="myemail@gmail.com" \
    -e ADDRESS="xx.xx.xx.21:28901" \
    -e STORAGE="14TB" \
    --mount type=bind,source="/root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="/storj/data",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

!!! important and necessary slashes at the end of every line except the last one !!!

And the same in one line:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300     -p 28901:28967/tcp     -p 28901:28967/udp     -p 127.0.0.1:14001:14002     -e WALLET="0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"     -e EMAIL="myemail@gmail.com"     -e ADDRESS="xx.xx.xx.21:28901"     -e STORAGE="14TB"     --mount type=bind,source="/root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity     --mount type=bind,source="/storj/data",destination=/app/config     --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

this is just an example, everyone needs to adjust / enter different values

2 Likes

Ok, nearly at a heart attack, but in the third try with default ports and a fixed typo from me, I set up the container again (with expanded storage)

Thanks for the one-liner.

Now I need a update to see the results.

Ok, I didn’t track the version numbers, but my dashboard is showing a new, low uptime. So it seems to restart automatically.