Backup to node in case you die in future and Future node

Good afternoon, I currently have a node mounted on a Lenovo M700 (i3 6100T (2/4) PC, 8GB RAM DDR4 (2133Mhz) 120 Samsung 840 SSD. For my node, I am using a WD Elements 6TB. 600Mb / 600Mb Internet.
1- How can I make a backup copy to my node in case it dies in the future and be able to continue with the node without losses.
2- What improvements do you recommend making to the node.
3- For my 2 node, I have in mind to use NAS hard drives, with which machine is it recommended to make a second node, be it PC, raspberri or NAS.
Thank you.

1 Like

There is no point in backing up the data stored in the storagenode(s) but backing up the rest of your system (OS, configurations, etc) is not a bad idea.

The problem is that if your storagenode dies then the data is not reachable and in short order becomes out of data and disqualified. Restoring old data is of no value, you would need to start over with each node and allow the system to reestablish your viability and then add customer data.

1 Like

As far as improvements go, what are the weaknesses today in your system that would prevent the nodes from being available? Power interruptions or brown outs? Internet reliability or congestion? Component failures? We are assumed to have up to five hours of downtime each month regardless of the cause, how would you manage to keep within that expectation?

This is off topic but have you seen this thread

I agree with what @stuberman said. Think about all the points he is making and find a solution if you can then you are golden :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is on hold at the moment.

1 Like