Bandwidth utilization comparison thread

Overall good month though?

1 Like

saw some of the best egress i’ve seen while this my first v3 node has existed, have excellent uptime, and is finally getting use how everything works and very few problems left in my setup.
and first 75% payout month.

so yeah cannot really complain about anything storj related… aside from maybe i forgot to get molex to sata port cables power connectors when i ordered my new hdd’s… so now they have arrived, but i’m not sure i got room to connect them… ill be 1 of 3 power plugs short… :smiley:

3 Likes

Be careful about those molex to sata power adapters- there was a time not so long ago when those suckers caught fire.

2 Likes

O.o
i did consider ordering them from china, but i wanted them fast because i get my new drives tomorrow…
thanks for the heads up tho… haven’t had any problems with them tho in the past, but i suppose the chinese ones could be … sketchy at best

1 Like

I don’t think its so much of a country of origin problem as it is bad manufacturing/spec choice. Some of their construction was of less than ideal. ie, pin fork that were too thin for the rated wattage draw, or badly done wire crimps.

1 Like

bought a fair number of things from china over the last years… and tho ofc build quality is relative to price… which is also why i often don’t pick the cheapest but more based on top rated sellers and such…

but some of the stuff i got… like a laser cutter… well i couldn’t even buy anything of that level of build quality here… lol, i won’t say i blame china for making bad products… but they sure do make cheap products and uses a lot of low skill labor…

but yeah, would be very bad if stuff like that didn’t work like it’s intended… and then again it’s power cables… how difficult can they be to make… :smiley: would suck to damage my “new” drives…

Try torch your server bad- I mean its plastic and heat… plus burnt plastic leaves soot all over everything that is not fun to clean up (especially in servers).
https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/4r6m8d/molex_to_sata_adapters_catching_on_fire/

3 Likes

i checked the ones i am planning on getting isn’t molded… i bet they messed up the molding process, i was looking at something like that earlier also those where there are both sata and power … but decided i wanted it as standard as possible.

i bet molding them are cheaper than, making the shells and collecting them by hand, so i could see why they would do something like it…

ofc its not difficult to imagine cheap wire plastic melting and wires being pushed close together during the molding process… or something like that…

1 Like

well no more ingress since over 12 hours (only a small repair ingress)… Makes one wonder if STORJlabs has any customers at all…
(and I mean literally NO ingress. Not even 1b/s occasionally. My dashboard and grafana both show 0B ingress)

1 Like

same here…
does seem kinda odd tho… i mean no uploads… nothing… i think i’m going to try and upgrade to the new version…

that seemed to fix it…now i’m getting regular ingress again…

was at zero before the update, and now it’s moving and i got dark blue in the log

2 Likes

did you upgrade to v1.13.3? or newer?

1 Like

1.13.3 i’m on docker, so thats the newest release. was on 1.12.3 i think

2 Likes

wow this is weird… update to 1.13.3 and getting ingress again. 1.12.3 even after a restart no ingress. That shouldn’t have happened. Minimum version is 1.9.0

2 Likes

noticed it last night, but didn’t get around to updating because the last few times i’ve tried to update to fix anything like this, it didn’t do anything…

imagine how much extra ingress one might have gotten if being the first to switch…

BTW where would all the data go mean while… all the windows nodes i guess…

1 Like

Well yeah in case of these weird situations I guess you could get a bit more ingress while slow docker updates are stuck. Still, this behaviour has to be a bug that should be fixed.

1 Like

sure doesn’t seem that impressive
about 1MB ingress pr minute lol

oh yeah and my trash returned … not sure if it was ever really gone tho…
should be weird that it all vanishes and then a few hours later another 20gb of trash shows up… just the amount i had expected to be left… since i knew sort of when it got into trash and so it should be there a while.

1 Like

Don’t worry.
Ingress is crappy for whole month (or two) now… Maybe they have taken it into account so no significant traffic for now… My node updated automatically over the weekend (i think)

seems to be picking up now… lots more blue in the log

uhh ohh

i guess i’m going to have to go through my logs from the last few days…

can anyone else confirm this is due to the egress only issue maybe?
can’t imagine what else would have cause this… i haven’t lost a byte and did a scrub yesterday
and haven’t seen a failure in weeks aside from maybe a cancelled upload and download now and then…

but doesn’t really have time to deal with it today… so going to chalk it up to general storj weirdness … seems very low to be something to worry about.

Same here 0 ingress today on prev version 1.12

After manualy updating my node to v1.13 my node strted to receive ingress traffic again.

2 Likes

Both of my nodes auto-updated to 1.13.3 yesterday around noon EST and have been tracking pretty normally:

1 Like