Bandwidth utilization comparison thread

Thank you SGC for your explanations.
I can’t remember “storj labs is basically the ones paying us” because i didn’t know it. :yum:

I assume lots of other older nodes are seeing a similar big surge in deletes occurring at the moment?

That’s a “last 3 hours” graph, so it’s been going strong for about the past 2.5 hours…

Also, everyone else see a noticeable change in egress today?

That’s a “last 24-hour” graph.

1 Like

nothing like that on my side, a bit unstable avg but have had like 4x 5 minute downtime, isp just being crappy :confused:
haven’t really been tracking deletes, still waiting for that feature to hit the dashboard.
24 hour view, can’t see the dt because proxmox averages it out.
sort of can see it on the ingress(netin) the 3 dibs… maybe it was only 3x5min, or a shorter 4th

egress is very random at times.

I’m seeing similar patterns. Definitely the noticeable drop in egress over the past 24 hours and a sharp but quick delete operation in the past 3 hours.

3 Likes

Ah, relieved to know that I’m not the only one seeing a ton of deletes and very low egress today… I thought I did something wrong :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah only my oldest node got a few hours of heavy deletes.
But egress dropped yesterday too.

2 Likes

Hi,
My usage ingress dropped down since Fri 22 Jan. (divide by 4) while repair ingress still the same

2 Likes

yeah more or less the same here on my slightly newer nodes.

i think my ingress went to 0 today… tho repair ingress is still going.

2 Likes

made this one, might not be bandwidth related, but i’m feeling a bit trump and wanted to rig an election.

Same…

Is that Saltlake egress? My ‘All Satellites’ looks like this:

it’s "All Satellites’
about Saltlake for me:

same here 20202020202020

I think that it depends on the age of your node, some nodes might have way more data from saltlake than others depending on if they were online when the satellited uploaded lots of data.
That’s all satellites:

And only saltlake:

about half of that egress is from europe-north, seems like it uploaded quite a bit more data on my node than saltlake.

Has anyone seen absolutely 0 ingress whatsoever over the past day or two? No errors, no cancellations, just 0 ingress at all? And I am still getting some egress…

Hi,

Low ingress actually but not zero ingress.
I think you have to check your node is up to date.

3 Likes

Thanks! It turns out that my container was indeed out of date… I’ve updated it and setup automatic updates for the future.

1 Like

Looks like February test data budget is live! Egress spiked as soon as the clock struck midnight UTC (17:00 where I am).

5 Likes

The amount of nodes in that picture… awesome :smiley:

6 Likes

It looks like egress from europe north already stopped (at least for me).

1 Like