Bandwidth utilization comparison thread

Here is my status for half month of January, looking good to hitting usd90 target payout.

How do you get $11 with a 1.7TB node?? That egress is 1/3 of the stored space, I don’t even get that for my oldest and biggest node.

1 Like

Hahahah even I dont know how it make that much, I only collect. That node already on the 15th month. I only paid usd10 permonth on kimsufi dedicated server only for experiement purpose now it already making money. I believe it is located in france.

oh yeah those are in france. gave mine away as it cost 24€ per month…
but damn… $11 for a 1.5TB node is really beautiful… congrats :smiley: My node is over 20 month and only has a bit more egress with 7.4TB

It’s been a good 15 days indeed !

after 16 days… good month :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow that’s quite a few nodes !
I bet the grafana dashboard must be useful to monitor them all.

Yes, but i use grafana only for free space on nodes to buy new hdd… For uptime i have uptimemonitor. Every node is very stable…
2x ntb ubuntu, docker hdd connect via usb 3.0
Synology ds218+ 3x hdd connect via usb 3.0
Synology ds918+
2x azure, ubuntu docker

6x public IP in diferent /24

I buy only enterprise hdd with 5 years waranty

Oldest node have 20 months on raid 5 on synology ds918+… 18TB is max for this node… After that i connect next 8TB to ds918+

Dont use raid 5,dont buy HW to run storj… Ok but it is my risk

1 Like

You should check my How-To again and install grafana correctly with the boom-table plugin version 1.3, then your boom-table will look correctly and not mess up the order and the display of the values like DQ etc

3 Likes

Thats how it looks in my side - my oldest one “node5” all others average about 3 months.

1 Like

you should check the How-To in the post before yours too, the boom-table of your nodes is messed up and doesn’t show some metrics. It can easily be fixed.

1 Like

just did that and now it’s perfect, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Node 5 for you seems to be the only actually active one because of its age. Are the 3mo ones out of their vetting stages yet?

Hi,
Did the customers agree themself to stop their upload on the same day ?

It’s a joke but i would like to understand who turned off the tap? :roll_eyes:
reduire-sa-consommation-eau

2 Likes

I think Europe north is f***** but sick of reporting it

I don’t see anything unusual on my side with regards to Europe-North:

EDIT: Well okay, egress did drop a lot in fact:

But yeah… as it’s a test satellite, any behavior could be considered as “normal”… right? :slight_smile:

@Mams: I never checked (and I do not monitor my nodes as well as many of you guys do), but could it be that traffic is quieter during weekends? I must say I can’t really confirm that by looking at my node chart though… seems pretty random…

1 Like

From my experience, sometimes test data just gets turned off without any apparent reason.
Most likely because the “test” ended.

yeah things seems to be slowing down… nothing unusual about that tho…
most likely a test pattern finishing up…
remember storj labs is basically the ones paying us at the moment, since there isn’t enough customers to support the network…

they do this by test patterns of data ingress / egress… so nothing to worry about.
and no point i feeling like you are missing out, the Storj Labs number which they think your node / nodes should get paid will be given to you if you node / nodes can keep up.

what we are seeing now might be real customer traffic… so that it doesn’t just zero out is pretty encouraging… also not always their machines / servers can be working on supplying us with data… sometimes there will be more important tasks… or somebody simply didn’t notice the test pattern was going to run out this weekend… but that just means it will move faster when they turns it on again…

so don’t be to affected by it…
look at the avg of the month instead, ofc it’s good to keep track of that stuff is working.
but don’t worry about the short term…

its a bit like if you are copying data and split it up into chunks, sometimes it will finish and you won’t be around to restart it immediately… but all in all…
you will still end up copying the same amount of data in that month…
because it was a preset amount.

2 Likes

Here is my 5 cent (one node):

1 Like

Thank you Odmin but i talked about customers uploads, so our ingress :slight_smile: