Can you explain this? avg disk used dropped half

On all my nodes i dropped avg disk space used with like half. Is this expected? And used is still way over.

Same here, all nodes are on v1.101.3 and display a drop in avg disk space

I think we just wait for some days.

3 Likes

Is this just the older/more-full nodes showing a larger impact from the deletion of all the old forever-free accounts?

(like SNOs with new nodes probably never got much forever-free data… so the deletes may be no big deal to them?)

I am experiencing the same thing with 1.101.3 (all my nodes are this version, not sure if it this affects other versions).

It appears to be an issue specifically with the US1 satellite not returning the disk usage correctly (yesterday the graph reported 0 for all nodes, today it is actually reporting a few MB).
The remaining satellites report sensible numbers.

If this is only a bug with returning the values to the nodes and not the internal disk usage tracking then it should not affect payouts in anyway, but I find it strange that it did report a few MB today.

Im happy to provide any logs if needed.

Also as a side note, I have also realized that saltlake always reports 0 as well, not just today and yesterday. Not sure if this is by design or not (maybe it only stores some data for short periods and deletes it afterwards). In any case the usage of saltlake is negligible and is only test data, so its not a big deal.

2 Likes

@Alexey u got any input?

None of my newer nodes are experiencing this behavior. At least not to this degree lol.

Some of the older: Very much.

Could be the one big customer just left… :thinking:

Most likely not. StorJ stats have been stable for the last few days:

https://storjstats.info/d/storj/storj-network-statistics?orgId=1

1 Like

Maybe related to this:
https://forum.storj.io/t/stat-on-https-storjstats-info-unreliable-on-the-last-2-days

I see this on all my nodes but the oldest one. But this node is disqualified on us1. So it could be related to this satellite.

When you look only at us1 in the dashboard you will see that this satellite reported 0 for the last day.

same problem, 1.101.3

It has already happened in the past that the disk average did not update for days. Most likely the satellite is busy doing something else. It is managing the famous bloom filters that are discussed in other posts. So I assume that within the next few hours or maybe a few days we will see the data updated again. I’m calm now and I’m no longer scared. ahahahahahaha

5 Likes

@elek could you clear this up for us?

No need to ping people. This happens when the satellite doesn’t report data usage for a full calendar day. As mentioned previously, it has happened before and is mostly a display issue. The satellite will report all usage the next time it sends out an update and you will be paid for all of it. The graph ahs gone through a few iterations and at this moment I am unsure if the display issue will resolve itself, but it’s only a display glitch.

9 Likes

Nope. My nodes have the same for US1 satellite:

So, I reported to the team.
But @BrightSilence is 100% right.

2 Likes

And would you look at that - just a few additional days; and we’re good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not for me. My average storage is still 1/3 of what it’s used to be.

yeah everything coming back now :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve got a healthy chunk of used disk space: I’m jealous! Did it take a couple years to fill your nodes? I’m hoping to fill 6-8TB in the first year: fingers crossed!