CMR 12TB drive - 100% usage

No i did not - it seemed a but to complicated for now - also the only drive i have where i can place the hdd is a m.2 nvme 256GB where the C drive is (OS location).

Do not be offended, but if this is difficult for you, you do not need to be here and do this - this is not yours.

Essentially. Add the following to the config file:

storage2.database-dir: C:\storj_db

Create folder “storj_db” on drive C

Stop the service Storj

Transfer to it all the database files that, for example, you have on disk D - All files with the extension *.db (bandwidth.db …)

Start the service Storj

More details are on the forum.
Until you transfer the base - it’s useless to watch, wait, write anything!

Hard disagree. This is where you learn. Instead I would prefer to just ask @HGPlays where they get stuck and how we can help.

There is no issue with using your OS drive. The SSD can easily handle the additional IO without noticeable impact on performance.

2 Likes

Thanks. currently where i am stuck is that my config for the docker node seems very empty/generic so i am very unsure if docker even use it? or maybe docker does use it - but it takes my startup parameters from me start command?
Here is my config file:
https://pastebin.mozilla.org/H2Piej8T

My startup command for this specific node is:docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 28968:28967/tcp -p 28968:28967/udp -p 14003:14002 -e WALLET=“0xFBF22d386c10aeb329A8C245e99F9AB4Db92D16d” -e EMAIL=“EMAIL” -e ADDRESS=“IP:28968” -e STORAGE=“10TB” --mount type=bind,source=“C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity2\Identity\storagenode”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“E:\StorjData”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode10TB storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Can you tell me if that config file is even used/read? i am pretty sure its in the correct path:
E:\StorjData (\config.yaml)

First off, you might want to remove your personal info from that command. Especially posting your email on a public forum is a guarantee of ending up on spam lists.

Yes, it uses the config, and yes, your parameters in the docker start command overrule what’s in the config file, so there isn’t much in there. Everything that is commented out just uses the defaults.

The process I linked should just work for you. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

I removed your email and your public IP. The wallet address is your choice. Some hide them, some don’t care.

2 Likes

Thanks! i will give it a go then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks alot. That was very kind of you… !

2 Likes

To stop Windows autoupdate, disable updates on metered connections and set you network connection as metered.
Also disable drive indexing (right click on drive in Win Explorer > Properties > remove the mark from Index content…)
Also disable Drive autodefrag/optimisation on Storj drive.
Also check the motherboard manual for SATA ports that share lanes with pcie ports. Don’t use those.
Also you cand use --log.level=error to reduce the writes on that drive and the optimisations for piece writes. I have a more complex run command posted somewhere with all of those things.
Also, I run a NAS with 2 nodes, with FW off on both. It’s been 4 months and they run fine.

2 Likes

w8, so Your node is on windows, and You are using docker for windows?
if yes, i recommand storj installer for windows, it realy makes everythign easy.
i dropped docker long time ago, it was unimaginable pain in the D to operate it only for storj node.

1 Like

Im using windows and docker yes.
but i am also using docker for a ton of other stuff - and i find the windows storj gui to be very limited :slight_smile:

Thanks alot - i will look into this! :slight_smile:

Looking at my windows grafana board i can see the iops of the drive with the large storj node - that still has almost 100% usage.
but the iops seems low? is that not weird?

Hello again:
Last night my whole docker crashed- my system exporter, my nodes and everything - but the PC was still up and running and docker GUI was still working - all containers was just frozzen tho.

Does anyone have a way i can investegate? :slight_smile:

i have a way, drop that docker for storj use case if You want it to live :slight_smile:
install that windows installer for Storj and all Your problems will go away, beside port forwarding. just saying. peace.

Hmm - is it possible to have more than one storj node with windows installer? if yes, how?

Good news - after dissabling file walker my drive is not running like normal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 2 x 8TB HDDs/2 nodes in a DS216+ that has 1GB RAM. When FW runs, it runs for days. After I discovered that I can shut it off, it is off since october last year, on both. They gaining data like the other nodes and they seem fine. In a few months, one of them will fill up. I hope there will be no problem with them. Will see. I allocated 7TB on both.

1 Like

thats the one problem in running without the filewalker… your used space will deviate from your actually used space over time… thats what the filewalker does… keep track of the capacity used by all your storagenode files.

so don’t push the capacity to close to max without the filewalker having run recently.
bad things may result if you run 100% out of storage.

1 Like