Does watchtower work with the beta?

I’ve been using watchtower for months now and it always updated my storagenode with no problem. However, since installing the beta (v0.20.1) this no longer seems to be happening. I noticed today that the current beta version is v0.21.1 but watchtower did not upgrade my node. Is watchtower still supported for this purpose?

BTW, I haven’t seen any official notification that we are indeed now at v0.21.1, however, I have seen references to that version in this forum so I am assuming those references are accurate.

We are om v0.21.1 now👍

Thx @John.A for confirming the version, do you use watchtower to automatically update the node? If so, is it working for you?

Yes - I’m updating via watchtower. No problems - also to latest 0.21.1 :+1:

There’s updated instructions for watchtower parameters, you can check them here:

Thx, @mike

I’ve restarted watchtower. How long should it take after updating watchtower for my storagenode to be updated? It’s been about 13 minutes since the update but the storagenode version still has not been updated:

storj@pine64:~$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
3e8f5ec13240 storjlabs/watchtower:latest-arm32v6 “/watchtower storage…” 13 minutes ago Up 13 minutes watchtower
308860d3756a storjlabs/storagenode:beta “/entrypoint” 2 weeks ago Up 2 weeks 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/tcp storagenode

Hi. The latest version i updated manually cause i didnt want to wait for watchtower.
The new watchtower setup checks for updates every 6 hours if im remembering right

1 Like

The delay parameter is 6 hours, so I would at least give it that :slight_smile:

Its way past that time now, did it update?

1 Like

no, it did not update.

Did you use a different container name for your node? If so, adjust the container name in the watchtower command as well.

Could you post the logs of watchtower: docker logs watchtower?

1 Like

@kaloyan Before seeing this question I did a manual update of my storagenode and also removed and re-pulled watchtower so there are no current logs available. I will keep watch over the next while to see if any of these changes makes any difference. Thx…