Egress not the same at payout

dashboard egress i saw at before 30/9 is the same as earnings.py.But this month saw the Sep payout is not the same.

Welcome to the forum @jfkdwlp!

Can you check if your log shows any errors for orders ? You could search for listing orders. Also check how many files you have under the folder orders/unsent.

1 Like

file amount in unset 3140
has error about orders

2020-10-08T03:25:13.030Z ERROR orders listing orders {“error”: “order: EOF”, “errorVerbose”: “order: EOF\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.readOrder:582\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*FileStore).ListUnsentBySatellite.func1:257\n\tpath/filepath.walk:360\n\tpath/filepath.walk:384\n\tpath/filepath.Walk:406\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*FileStore).ListUnsentBySatellite:201\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Service).sendOrdersFromFileStore:398\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Service).SendOrders:192\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Service).Run.func1:139\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

You should check this thread. Do post your reply in case the solution didn’t work.

1 Like

I have move out all the file in unsent,and no order error now.Is the order error make my egress calculate wrong?

Wow, sharp shooter aim on that one! Well done.

@jfkdwlp Orders are your proof to the satellite that a transfer was completed succesfully. Without that proof the satellite can’t pay you for traffic. So the bandwidth usage was correct, but your node never proved to the satellite that those transfers happenend. Orders that haven’t expired can still be sent. Therefor, you shouldn’t just delete all of them. start with moving the oldest 10 files out and see if the orders are sent after that. If that doesn’t work you can start moving all files out of the folder and just move them back in small batches and check if sending works. That way you can hopefully still get paid for the missing orders. I’m not entirely sure how quickly orders expire, you may be out of luck for some of them already.

3 Likes

Hi, I have 2 nodes with a lot of files (3k) in the folder /orders/unset/ and the same problem as jfkdwlp. What are you saying is that I have to move out files of the folder unset and put some in again? When I know if it worked?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my English.

1 Like

Your English is great! Yes, move them back in small batches. I think they are checked every 5 minutes. If they are sent successfully they will be moved to the archive folder. So the unsent folder will be empty. You will also see a mention in the logs of orders being sent. But just seeing if the folder is empty is easier. I think you can also force it to send orders by restarting your node. That way you don’t have to wait. But every restart of your node interrupts ongoing transfers, so I usually try to avoid that.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks It works. Now, you know if I have any possibility to receive the payments related to these bandwith used during september?

If they haven’t expired yet you will get paid for them next month. But I don’t remember how long they remain valid. It could be only a day, in which case you won’t get more than the last day paid out. But I shouldn’t even mention that. I simply don’t know how long it takes.

1 Like

Of course I wouldn’t suggest modifying config parameters without Storjling input, but in config.yaml there is an option to change the duration between sending orders. I feel like it would be helpful in this case when there are a large number of unsent orders to sift through. Have you heard of anyone modifying this setting?

# duration between sending
# storage2.orders.sender-interval: 5m0s

–edit–
See below

Please do not make this value even smaller!
We just released v1.14.4 which solves a problem around exactly this value. Please read the changelog for why:

1 Like

I think it’s very sad when the difference is 3 times!!! and I’ve only checked one node so far!

1 Like

Can you please check the logs for errors (besides the untrusted/not reachable errors of the satellite) ?

We first need insight of what you mean by thousands of unsent orders?
Can you be a little bit more precise before requesting an official statement? :wink:

what kind of error should you look for? I have a 1 gb log

It’s the same for me.
I was supposed to get coins at the exchange rate , around 22. I got about 8.

Noticed that after my update file update and restart, as recommended officially, my pile of orders moved to the archive folder automatically.
Orders for September 2 and September 3 were left unsent in the unsent folder, as well as current ones. I think it’s good.
It’s just that the question now is whether those orders that moved themselves will be paid for. Moved their updated node 1.13.3
Apparently for September 2 and 3 have already expired , well , so be it, otherwise they would have moved to the same place.

It’s easy to distinguish. If they have ACCEPTED in their name - they are accepted.

1 Like

I’ve accumulated over 3600 files in the ‘unsent’ folder over the last 35 days. I did what BrightSilence suggested and removed the files from the directory then spoon fed them back in. Unfortunately they appear to be rejected if more than two days old. So my earnings for Sept are about 20% of what I was expecting. Hard way to learn I should be monitoring this outbox queue.

2 Likes

something weird happened in september with the files confirms and noone is telling us…

a lot of people with the same issue of unconfirmed payments.

I’ve just started to launch this scripts everyday with a record of day and hour launched. triying to send to my email too since the email version of the cripts is not working anymore.

the problem here is that a lot of people,for reasons unknown,have more than 70-80% of their traffic in “unsent orders” for no reason.