Error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly

Sorry if I may ask a stupid question, but what is the solution to this problem?
Because I have the same problem and dont know how to fix it.
I have the config.yaml

Actual:
If I try to start “Storj V3 Storage Node”:
Which means: “error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly”

Such error is mean that storagenode service can’t start for some reason. Perhaps, you have changed something in the config.yaml, and now the storagenode can’t start.
Please, give me an output of this command (Powershell):

cat "$env:ProgramFiles/Storj/Storage Node/storagenode.log" -tail 40

Ok, now we get to the problem.

2019-11-17T13:59:12.458+0100 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— mkdir Z:: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.\n— mkdir Z:: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.\n— mkdir Z:: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.”, “errorVerbose”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— mkdir Z:: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.\n— mkdir Z:: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.\n— mkdir Z:: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.\n\tmain.cmdRun:155\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:278\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:296\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:826\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:914\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:864\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

For your Background: Drive “Z” is my unraid networkfolder wich I connected to my pc.

Seems like I solved it. Thank you for your hint with the storagenode.log

Obviously Storj dont likes connected networkfolder.
So I changed in the config.yaml the direct path of my Storj storage:
(instead of /Z:)
Then I saved and rebooted the system and since then it worked.

I should warn you - the setup with a network connected drive is not supported, it could work, but can stop working in any time.
You have a high chances to got a corrupted database or missed data in such setup.
Any network connected drive will have a higher latency than a local connected, and your node will loose the race for pieces more often than with a local connected drive.
I would recommend to run your storagenode directly on your storage server, either as a Windows service (if it’s a Windows) or a docker container (if it’s a Linux).

I run a unraid system.
On that system I had the Storj docker installed. But out of nowhere the docker got corrupted.
It had something to do with SQL and the solution was to downgrade unraid.
That was my problem: (I’m not the author, but had this problem)

That is not the solution I want for my system.
So I created a Win 10 Pro VM on my unraid system and on that Windows runs now Storj (with the same data from the unraid container).
I agree with you, that this is not a shiny solution, but it works. At least until now.
I would really like to switch to my docker again, not only beacause my system pulls now 15 W/h more.

Is there a “how to install storj on unraid 6.7.2”?

You also can install the Linux VM and use the docker from there. However, I’m not sure is it safe either with Windows or Linux, if problem in the Unraid filesystem.

Now that I read that article again, I might know why I had that problem.
After I installed the docker, an update for the docker was available, so I installed it.
And right after the update, that problem occured.
Seems that this would be the solution?

“It’s also important to not stop the Storj docker from the ui, but instead type docker stop -t 300 storagenode in the terminal. If using an autoupdater, make sure to also set its timeout to 300 before stopping.”

How do I change this timeout?

Ok. Thank you.
Then I give unraid a chance with that new timeout.

hola me esta ocurriendo este error, he seguido los pasos del foro y el programa sigue sin funcionar bien

Hola @Cristian,
Bienvenido al foro!

Por favor, publique las últimas 20 líneas de su registro: https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/check-logs

4 posts were split to a new topic: “error”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character

A post was split to a new topic: Error creating tables for master database on storagenode: migrate: no such table: satellites

Lately I also have this error, probably because of a few unexpected power outages.

Hi @bbvedf
Your bandwidth.db file appears to be corrupt or an incorrect schema compared to the storagenode version. The previous fix from @Alexey was here:

1 Like

Done, but error persists.
Just repair only bandwith.db?

That was the only one mentioned in the error. Is the log error now different or mentioning a different database?

edit - it’s also possible the schema has changed so the rebuild commands would be different now.

1 Like

I have checked all the db files. This is the only one that has errors. Can the problem be there? Can be solved?

C:\Users\bbvedf\Downloads\sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3380000>sqlite3 f:\storage_usage.db "PRAGMA integrity_check;"
*** in database main ***
On tree page 167 cell 37: Rowid 116129 out of order
On tree page 167 cell 36: Rowid 116130 out of order
On tree page 167 cell 35: Rowid 116130 out of order
On tree page 167 cell 34: Rowid 116130 out of order
On tree page 167 cell 33: Rowid 116131 out of order

What does the storagenode log file show?

You could take a backup, recreate all the db’s, then copy back the working ones - https://support.storj.io/hc/en-us/articles/4403032417044-How-to-fix-database-file-is-not-a-database-error

1 Like