Error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error

Hi, I am trying to set up my node, but every time I get to the authorization part of the process I get the error below. I have NET time installed. I have seen similar topics to this, but none of the solutions have worked for me. Thanks for time. (I had to take the links at the bottom part of the error out to post this topic)

-Enzo

2019-10-02T15:59:58.958-0700 INFO running on version v0.21.3
2019-10-02T15:59:59.426-0700 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error: error claiming authorization\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)”, “errorVerbose”: "error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error: error claiming authorization\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)

Did you already sign a node’s identity using the same authorization token?

Yes. Is it possible my token is a dud? I tried to use the token when I originally got it, and i received a different error can I request a different token, and then deactivate the one I got now? Sorry, still trying to figure things out.

You can request another token. You can’t use one more than once.

How can I request another?

Have to go through the Waitlist again…

Ok… well is there anything I can do about the error. Can I send you my token? Can you check if it has been claimed?

I don’t think it’s because it has been claimed, that would be clearly stated. This looks like a bug of some sort to me. Or a misconfiguration issue. I’ve seen some others post the same error. I would go to support.storj.io and on the top right, click on Submit a Request with the details you posted above and wait for a response. It may be tied to a developer issue and it can take them some time to research it.

Ok, Great! Thanks for your time.

A ticket has been placed and is being looked at by devs, hope to have an answer on this issue soon

I’m seeing this on both a Mac and windows machine fyi.

2019-10-01T03:03:15.524-0400 INFO running on version v0.21.3

2019-10-01T03:03:16.109-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error: error claiming authorization\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)”, “errorVerbose”: “error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error: error claiming authorization\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)\n\tmain.cmdAuthorize:213\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:264\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:282\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:762\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:800\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:73\n\tmain.main:83\n\truntime.main:203”}

While signing your identity are you sure you copied the whole authorization token along with email

As shown here:

https://documentation.storj.io/before-you-begin/auth-token

Yes, I’m copying/pasting it in. I had a strange error the first time I ran it and I wonder if somehow I claimed the signature incorrectly but cannot fix it.

Were you able to fix the issue yet ?

Not yet, I’ve been at work and will try again today.

No one claimed it , the error for an already claimed token is shorter and clearly says that is already used. Write to support

Thanks, I’ll get that done here today.

@Enzo @ryan is the clock on your computer completely up to date and synced correctly? I’ve been told that if a user’s computer’s clock is even 15 seconds out of date, it could fail.

My clock is properly synchronized with Canada’s time servers.

@Dylan yes my clock is synced.