Error: "open F:\blobs\.. of: Access is denied"

Got this Error on 1.6.4 it is something new

2020-07-03T22:18:58.772+0300 ERROR piecestore:cache error getting current space used calculation: {“error”: “open F:\blobs\abforhuxbzyd35blusvrifvdwmfx4hmocsva4vmpp3rgqaaaaaaa\of: Access is denied.”}
2020-07-03T22:18:59.046+0300 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “open F:\blobs\abforhuxbzyd35blusvrifvdwmfx4hmocsva4vmpp3rgqaaaaaaa\of: Access is denied.”}

you should address this issue… it looks like your node for whatever reason has and issue accessing its data… that can get your node DQ in short order… so i wouldn’t delay in figuring out what is going on and if it’s happening all the time or often… might be better off shutting down the node…(if this access denied problem happens a lot) and checking that everything seems to work before powering it back up…

anyways you should create a dedicated thread for troubleshooting your issue…

Please, stop the storagenode, remove the “CREATOR OWNER” from the security tab of the disk, make a user SYSTEM as an owner and add full rights to SYSTEM then apply the changes recursively.
Also, I would suggest you to run the checkdsk on this drive on any case.

System has full controll of this maps.
Node stoped fork after this error, made start and work fine for 24h
I think it is some kind of error from 1.6.3 version, and next level of it.

I have two Windows nodes, one GUI, the second docker. Neither first nor the second have this problem.
And we do not see a support requests and other operators with the similar problem, thus it is look like a local problem
As I said, it’s more related to the CREATOR-OWNER problem than to access rights. The Windows has this weird distinguish between rights. The owner have a precedence over access rights. So, if the owner is not the SYSTEM, the system could not have an access to the file even with a full access rights. So, please, replace at least owner of files to the SYSTEM.

1 Like

I have 21 win GUI nodes here, also havent seen this befor, all nodes have same config.

On the same F:\ disk?

no all nodes have own disks, and DBs on ssd

So, why do not try the suggestion for exactly this drive with issues?

checkdsk show all OK

Have you applied the access rights fix too?

Yes Aplied, them also, so will see, it works so faar no problem.

1 Like

i really hope that ssd is in a mirror if it holds all the databases…
but i will ofc assume you already thought of that… :smiley: just thinking out loud…