Error with signing the identity

Hi,
When i sign identity there is an error:

identity_windows_amd64.exe authorize storagenode storjstoragenode@gmail.com:12sYeGNetquGdhwmxG7GwbsMGJzGjARKsVP3KKcp4TzjqwXtxRTdPgdquEjUxn99TknBfrfgftofV4chdW5DQ3GinGpVhi
2019-11-05T09:34:27.219+0100 INFO running on version v0.24.5
2019-11-05T09:34:28.081+0100 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)”, “errorVerbose”: “error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Internal desc = certificates peer error\n(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)\n\tmain.cmdAuthorize:213\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:275\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:293\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:826\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:914\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:864\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:84\n\truntime.main:203”}

What to do?

Same as last? Can that be the problem.
I havnt created a node since april so i dont really recall the steps

Not the same, i created identity but the signing shows this error - its second step

I have installed NetTime and it works, form this topic

2 Likes

I had this error, and Net Time did not help. My solution was to get a auth new token.

There are three reasons:

1. not synced clock (current topic and large amount others)
  2. already claimed token (or several attempts) (your case)
  3. low difficulty for generated identity (below 30). The default is 30.
3 Likes