First node up and would like to ask for some informations

Good day everyone

I found out about STORJ last saturday. I have a 10gbit up / 10gbit home line and run a home server with big storage. To try STORJ out I decided to start with allocating 10TB. That was last Saturday evening. Now I passed 48 hours of running it.

I found the “success.sh” script and let it run. It reported the following:

As you can see, I had no Audit so far. The node holds 24ish GB so far.

I know that vetting happens after 100 Audits. I assume that only yellow “canceled” are not a bad thing?
I would like to ask the people out there, how long it took before they got audited 100 times.

I know it is a long term project, anyway I would like to know if this are good numbers so far. I can still tune my homelab here if necessary.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers!

1 Like

Its a bit too early to tell by those numbers, Give it a few weeks since your node is still new its not getting alot of data. Also remember Audits are completely random you may not see them until you have alot more data on your node.
The only thing that is bad is when you start seeing failed.

1 Like

Thank you, sofar so good then. I was not sure about the yellow entries.

Will let it run :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yellow just means you lost the race from other nodes its gonna happen you cant pervent you really cant improve much to not loose the race everyone does.

1 Like

Thank you - good to know. Might also be a "location/ pairing " thing then!

1 Like

Audits scale with how much data you have stored. So the first few take a while to come in, but the frequency goes up over time. Keep in mind that you need 100 successful audits on a satellite to be vetted on that satellite. There are 6 satellites that all vet your node independently.

2 Likes

Thank you BrigtSilence to clerify that. I did some research and read that.
Isnt the stefan-benten Satellite gone for good?
I read something about that-

1 Like

No, there are plans for that one to be repurposed. It has very slow traffic now though. Vetting on that one might take a long time, but you’re not missing out on much for now. That may change in the future though.

1 Like

Again thank you for that information!

I will wait - like its supposed to be :slight_smile: I just wanted to know if my figures point into a “normal” direction - and it seems like!

1 Like

Yep, all good. You’ll see the first audits trickle in soon enough. I know the wait can be a little tedious at first. But everything looks healthy. So you’ll be seeing more action soon.

1 Like

After Lunch break I passed by to see if an Audit happend: it was still zero. My phone rang and when I hang up, I rechecked and, see there: First Audit passed :slight_smile:
Looks like everything is working fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you from Sweden?

1 Like

No :slight_smile: I am from another country. Americans often confuse those 2 countries though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to add that vetting typically takes around 1 month, I think this is more palpable than “100 audits”

1 Like

Thank you for that information @twl.

Actually I had a 2nd audit from same node just half an hour later :slight_smile: 98 to go :slight_smile: The node is now up a bit over 3 days. But with higher storage, audits get more likely, so I cant really calculate it up :slight_smile: At least I store already 39.4 gb :slight_smile:

1 Like

Above 80% success in the race is a great result, especially if it is saved during full traffic after checks… Good luck!

1 Like

Good Day Pavmer

So I am indeed on a good way, currently 99.23% :slight_smile:
50gb is so far taken, first “Trash” also there :slight_smile: Audits keep comming on different satellites too.

Strange thing is, my disk is constatly getting filled up. But the first of september had more GB per Hours than yesterday, although the more space was taken yesterday than the day prior. But maybe it is due to trash I dont know

1 Like

Traffic is completely unpredictable, and you can’t expect a constant flow of both incoming and outgoing traffic. This is the essence of the network concept itself.

1 Like

My last post was not about traffic, but about disk space used. After a few hours it changed though. Might be it was just a weird way how gb*h are shown at the beginning of the new day :slight_smile:

So far I have 2 cents current month earnings :slight_smile:

1 Like

That information is collected quite infrequently. You will always see some fluctuations there because a different amount of hours is collected on each day. It’ll even out over the total of the month though.

1 Like