First time user, can’t run the storjlabsSnContainer: "ERROR Failed to load identity"

I can’t seem to have identity found.

2021-03-14T05:49:29.428Z        ERROR   Failed to load identity.        {"error": "file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory", "errorVerbose": "file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory\n\tstorj.
io/common/identity.Config.Load:333\n\tmain.cmdRun:149\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execu
te:887\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecCustomDebug:70\n\tmain.main:385\n\truntime.main:204"}                                                                                                                                                 
Error: Failed to load identity: file or directory not found error: open identity/identity.key: no such file or directory                                                                                                                                                                         
        storj.io/common/identity.Config.Load:333                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
        main.cmdRun:149                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
        storj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
        storj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
        github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
        github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
        github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:887                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
        storj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
        storj.io/private/process.ExecCustomDebug:70                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
        main.main:385                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
        runtime.main:204         

Please, show your docker run command, you can remove personal information.
Place it between two lines with three backticks ```, the forum will pretty format it and will not try to replace symbols.
It’s better to use a pure CLI version instead of QNAP app: https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node
The app is outdated and you will not be able to start it anyway, it misses the setup step.

Docker run command?
The whole thing is started in Container Station.
I believe I just download a docker container called storjlabsSnContainer?

I found this in advanced settings:

|/app/identity|/share/Public/storagenode|Read/Write|
|/app/config|/share/nod-stohrje-uq|Read/Write|

It’s running now having placed files there.
But I have no idea how to set /app/identity to another folder.

Please, make sure that the folder /share/Public/storagenode is not empty.
You should have 6 files there, it’s your identity. If you did not have it, you need to generate it and sign with authorization token. You can do it with the QNAP app: https://documentation.storj.io/sno-applications/qnap-storage-node-app
or via ssh: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity (but maybe better to generate it on your PC, sign it and transfer to QNAP, because it’s CPU consuming operation).
Then you need to setup your node once via ssh: https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node#setting-up-the-storage-node , you need to use the same paths for identity and data, as your node.
After that update the storagenode software from the QNAP app and start it.

For some reason it’s not picking up the identity path I set, but I’ll check that issue later and come back to this.

Gotta resolve this issue first:

Please, do not use Container Station UI directly, it uses dangerous option -v to map data to the container and can destroy your node, use CLI instead or at least QNAP app.

I’m not sure what you mean by that.

I look at the container station for log errors.
I have no idea how that container got there and assume the Storj Storage Node app did this for me.

1 Like