Garbage after GE

just my opinion but I’m guessing this garbage is now abandoned and will not be paid for.

I think this is correct. But i’m concerned not just with general garbage but like left over files after GE and such (is that considered garbage?)

I agree with you, but I asking himself, why I should keep this garbage so long time after my storage node relations are ended with this satellite?
Anyone from Storj Labs is not confirmed that I can just delete this folder and will be free of this garbage :slight_smile:

I’m sure it’s no use keeping it around, but that really shouldn’t be up to you to clean that up. Even GC is a bit weird at the point after GE. I see no reason why after a successful GE the node would not immediately clean up all remaining data from that satellite. And yeah, I think that should also mean that after the node is updated with a fix for this, it should clean up all data that was left behind for previous GE’s. I don’t know how much data it is on your node. But I would kind of just let it stick around just for the principle of it and to see if they properly fix it with an update. Of course if your nodes are full you may not want to wait for that.

Fix with deleting all satellite’s files left after successful GE already merged, so please wait for release with it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That is great news, happy to hear that!

1 Like

Thank you so much men! It really awesome news!

2 Likes

WOW! Superfast, only 4.5 month. It’s faster than “SoonTM” :rofl:

soon :tm: - more than a hour and less than a year

7 Likes