Getting started with Storj V3 Local Test Network (storj-sim)

The 2nd and 3rd link don’t seem to be working. Getting a 403 error.

Updated outdated links.

Thanks, you can delete my original post and anything after it if you want to clean up the thread.

Not needed, thank you for heads-up!

I am attempting to follow the instructions for the windows storj sim. I am using a fresh install of windows 10 on a virtual machine. I completed the steps in the “Install the necessary dependencies” section, but I’m getting an error in the “Confirm dependencies were installed correctly” section when I run gcc --version. It says “‘gcc’ is not recognized as an internal or external command”
Any ideas?

Please, run the MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit program from the Start menu and install missed package:

pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc

I updated the provided article with other minor changes for the latest version of storj-sim.

Im getting this error when I try to setup the local test network. I have all the necessary path variables with the command: setx path “C:\msys64\mingw64\bin;C:\msys64\usr\bin;%USERPROFILE%\go\bin”
Any ideas?

Hello @MetoNovko,
Welcome to the forum!

What the result of the command?

\storj> make install-sim

Please, uninstall go 1.13 and install the latest 1.14, then try again.

Trying to set up a test network

go install: -race is only supported on linux/amd64, linux/ppc64le, linux/arm64, freebsd/amd64, netbsd/amd64, darwin/amd64 and windows/amd64
@Alexey could you help

32 bit systems are barely supported by Go developers. You need to have a 64 bit OS and CPU.

I have raspberry pi os with 64bit arm storj sim
linux/arm64, is the one I used

Also I tried to run the go command it fails with this error

go install -v storj.io/storj/cmd/satellite
warning: GOPATH set to GOROOT (/usr/local/go) has no effect
$GOPATH/go.mod exists but should not

You need to have Go at least v1.17.5 accordingly storj/Makefile at 688b3907abe591f40d9ff2cb9c62421a1a1887c2 · storj/storj · GitHub
Then you should not run compile under root. You need to create some folder in your home directory and set GOPATH to it. I.e. (please adjust path /home/user to your user’s home directory):

mkdir /home/user/go
export GOPATH=/home/user/go

I suppose you have installed redis and postgres, so you can continue with Test network · storj/storj Wiki · GitHub

If you would like to quickly setup the Storj network I would recommend to take a look on GitHub - storj/up: Docker-compose files for running full Storj network locally

@alexey On that I got error:
go: no such tool “compile”
When trying link (GitHub - storj/up: Docker-compose files for running full Storj network locally) tutorial i get above error about no tool complie

Where you took it? There is no mention of “compile” command anywhere. Could you post your command and result of this command?
And also - the raspberry pi is not a good candidate to run all services, it’s limited by resources, everything will be slow.
It’s better to use something more powerful.