Give Feedback, Get Paid

Did take the first test I received recently.

I’m not sure I like UserTesting as a platform… I checked my e-mails on my mobile, and when I saw the notification about this test, I launched the UserTesting app to see what was up, and no tests were displayed on the “this device section”. I went to the “other devices” section to find the test, and the only option was to “reject” the test. Took me a few seconds to understand that I had to take the test on a desktop computer, nothing really evident explains why the test is locked on the mobile application.

So I did: Went to my computer to check this test out of curiosity, but clicking on the test entry starts up a red count down, giving you 15 minutes to start the test! I was not particularly ready to take any test at that moment, but apparently I had no choice but to carry on with the process:

• I installed the UserTesting Chrome extension
  • I clicked the button to start the test… Did not work - Tried several times but nothing was happening, yay
  • I launched firefox as things weren’t apparently working fine on Chrome
  • I was told to install the UserTesting’s desktop app, as there are no extension for firefox I guess
  • I discovered that our screen and audio (!) were going to get recorded in real time during the test
  • I then took the test, describing what I was doing and thinking along the way, as good as I could in English as it’s not my mother tongue (I assumed this had to be in English) Hopefully it’ll be understandable :confused:

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s actually an amazing way to get feedbacks from users, and I did enjoy taking the test! :slight_smile:
But the count down thing and the fact that I discovered (while the count down was urging me to start the test) everything gets recorded almost put me off. Wasn’t prepared for that, initially I simply wanted to check what the test was about to take it later during the day or the weekend.

The test itself was very interesting though and I’m glad to see the multi-node dashboard is on its way!! :+1: :smiley:

1 Like