Give Feedback, Get Paid

Is there already something to test? Does the registration work somehow without a PayPal account?

No test yet. You can register without PP, if you donā€™t want to get paid.

1 Like

Hmm unfortunately i cannot complete the survey. My nodes run on VPS and RaspberryPi with Linux. Everything not to choose :hushed: :joy:

as a further option, maybe 32 or 64 architecture.

1 Like

ready to do but nothing to do yet.

I think it is more meant like on which devices can you check the dashboard, not run it. most of us run a node on linux but that linux doesnā€™t even have a screen or desktop. but we can check its dashboard from a windows device with firefox.

2 Likes

paypalā€¦ really you guys have your own crypto coin and you want to use paypal when addressing SNOā€™s that already have a crypto wallet and ongoing transactionsā€¦
deep breath
i think the marketing team might need some proper feedback, but not sure iā€™m in the mood for this level basic schooling.

the idea is interesting thoā€¦ kinda makes me wonder if that was what came out of the beta tester ideaā€¦

2 Likes

I thought the same thingā€¦
I think itā€™s all the platform they use offers as means of payment but it still sticks out like a sour thumb.
Plus paypal is the worst, they can freeze your funds for basically whatever reason they come up with. Took me like a year to get the money I had on my old account they had frozen so Iā€™m not too keenā€¦

iā€™m sure they will change it to be done in storjā€¦ this is just another one of those ideas that was launched a bit before it was finished being bornā€¦

I thik it platform they use have only paypal posibilitie

4 Likes

Hey @Beddhist this is a question usertesting.com asks for signing up to be a participant; its ok if your nodes run on linux or other OSā€™s not listed! We are hoping to start some user tests next week and if you are selected for tests you will be emailed when we start posting them!

yea the only way usertesting.com does payments for tests is via paypal.

I understand that; I was just a little surprised that you donā€™t want to do testing on Linux.

Another thing: there are 2 versions of Edge now. I was not asked which one I have.

Did take the first test I received recently.

Iā€™m not sure I like UserTesting as a platformā€¦ I checked my e-mails on my mobile, and when I saw the notification about this test, I launched the UserTesting app to see what was up, and no tests were displayed on the ā€œthis device sectionā€. I went to the ā€œother devicesā€ section to find the test, and the only option was to ā€œrejectā€ the test. Took me a few seconds to understand that I had to take the test on a desktop computer, nothing really evident explains why the test is locked on the mobile application.

So I did: Went to my computer to check this test out of curiosity, but clicking on the test entry starts up a red count down, giving you 15 minutes to start the test! I was not particularly ready to take any test at that moment, but apparently I had no choice but to carry on with the process:

• I installed the UserTesting Chrome extension
  • I clicked the button to start the testā€¦ Did not work - Tried several times but nothing was happening, yay
  • I launched firefox as things werenā€™t apparently working fine on Chrome
  • I was told to install the UserTestingā€™s desktop app, as there are no extension for firefox I guess
  • I discovered that our screen and audio (!) were going to get recorded in real time during the test
  • I then took the test, describing what I was doing and thinking along the way, as good as I could in English as itā€™s not my mother tongue (I assumed this had to be in English) Hopefully itā€™ll be understandable :confused:

Donā€™t get me wrong, I think itā€™s actually an amazing way to get feedbacks from users, and I did enjoy taking the test! :slight_smile:
But the count down thing and the fact that I discovered (while the count down was urging me to start the test) everything gets recorded almost put me off. Wasnā€™t prepared for that, initially I simply wanted to check what the test was about to take it later during the day or the weekend.

The test itself was very interesting though and Iā€™m glad to see the multi-node dashboard is on its way!! :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

You described my experience perfectly in every way! Except that I actually quit the test because I wasnā€™t ready to get my screen and audio recorded and wasnā€™t sure I had time to do the test in the remaining 10 minutes after I got it workingā€¦

1 Like

The test took 20 minutes to take in my case, because I spent too much time on the first step, not aware that the rest of the test actually walks you through most of the features of the dashboard, step by step. I guess itā€™s gonna take around 15 minutes for most people.

Iā€™m curious, now that you triggered the 15 minutes count down but did not take th testā€¦ is it still available in your personal UserTesting dashboard to be taken later?

1 Like

It was gone immediately after I aborted it. No way of doing it laterā€¦ sadly.

1 Like

I really donā€™t get why they would do that! What were they thinking?! :confused:
But I was afraid of that indeed, thatā€™s why I took the test anywayā€¦

Thanks for your feedback, it might help some other testers.

for beta testing the recording of the feed does seems like a huge advantageā€¦ itā€™s not always easy to replicate certain issues nor can people explain how and why they happenedā€¦

ofc in the case of storj people are already pretty competent, which might work against them using the usertesting platform, kinda seems a bit aimed for a pretty avg user target groupā€¦

also i donā€™t see why anyone would use a platform that takes what 20% or something like that in feeā€™s like paypal when running their own crypto tokenā€¦

the user testing site is most likely not worth that anywaysā€¦ most likely just a drupal or some such CMS variation behind the scenes anywaysā€¦ might be a quick way to get a beta test in the airā€¦ but well didnā€™t want to give paypal my phone number so iā€™m outā€¦ :smiley: itā€™s paypalā€¦ they suck and i donā€™t have a dedicated phone number for this kind of stuff.

1 Like

Still waiting on a test to appear in my User Testing account :slight_smile: signed up in the same day I got the invitation.

fwiw UserTesting is a real platform, and i dont think that its just a CMS. They actually tried to recruit me several years back (funnily enough, to do UX for one of the FAANG companies that is a major client of theirs) and ive been to their headquarters for that reason, and met its staff.

At the time, I did create a user account and do some testing to see what they are all about, and I agree with comments upthread. I do remember it had a ā€œhomemadeā€ feel to it, but I think it gets the job done, and seems to be yielding some great useful data for the product team. The recording part is part of what makes it useful, but yeah it takes a little getting used to the first time you see it .

I can pass along your question about the countdown. I dont know if thats a default setting, or if its part of the methodology. Its probably useful in reducing duplicate tests by the same person.