Graceful Exit Guide

Yes of course you will be able to start another node, Most DQ means either you failed to setup your node correctly or some other things happens, Theres always a chance to create another node.

I think it is not good for StorJ to disallow the graceful exit before 6 months. It should be incentivised anyway in my opinion, for example to get 50% of held amount if it is 6 months and graceful exit successful and 25% of held amount if it is started less than 6 months and the graceful exit is successful.

Heres why I dont agree with this, They need to put these rules into place or everyone would take advanage of it, and keep making nodes and running graceful exit to keep getting the escrow. You need to have something to loose if you dont keep a healthy node. 6 months is temporary its going to go higher each time to like 15 months.
For an example if someone made about 100 nodes then ran it for 3 months then ran graceful exit for all of them.

1 Like

% also means loosing, just not everything.

Take it this way graceful exit hasnt always been there be happy to get anything back if you wanted to run a graceful exit at 6 months… 3 months you probably wont have alot in escrow anyways. It would cost them more to have to put the data on all the other nodes from your node.

1 Like

Looks like somehow graceful exit worked, and not for single satellite that I’ve selected, but for all of them. At the same time the status tells me there is no exit in the progress.

It means you haven’t ran long enough to run graceful exit, If you were successful it would show that you have successful completed and you would have a receipt showing that it completed.

1 Like

So what is happening right now? I have the egress traffic, but zero ingress right now.

For today it shows 0 doesnt mean anything, it doesnt show it right away.

It is not for today only. It is zero for 3 days in a row.

But it shows your node is only online for 27 Hours.

That is because it was updated at that time.

But if you saying that theres no graceful exit and it doesnt show anything completed that means you werent able to run a graceful exit.

So I see this for the first time ever, 3 days in a row with zero ingress. At 8 of march I did run the exit command. I don`t think it is just a coincidence.

Show what the graceful exit status command says
should look like this if it actually ran.

If you changed anything in the config to stop incoming data that would explain why you arent getting anymore data.

The command and the output for graceful exit has not changed. There is no bug. exit-status will show you how far the process is. No output means graceful exit is not running. In the storage node logs you should find an error message that tells you why you are not able to run graceful exit.

Yes, I found it.

2020-03-07T13:03:41.850+0300	ERROR	gracefulexit:chore	worker failed	{"error": "node is not yet eligible for graceful exit: will be eligible after 2020-06-12 19:51:35.257769 +0200 CEST", "errorVerbose": "node is not yet eligible for graceful exit: will be eligible after 2020-06-12 19:51:35.257769 +0200 CEST\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/gracefulexit.(*Worker).Run:97\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/gracefulexit.(*Chore).Run.func1.1:88\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Limiter).Go.func1:41"}

I didn`t change anything in the config.

is your disk space filled to within 100 MB of your allotted space?