Graceful Exit Guide

That error seems pretty clear: your node isn’t old enough to do a graceful exit.

I got ingress once again, looks like it was because my allocated space ended an all the data was in use.

1 Like

Thanks for this tutorial, it’s very helpful.
Do you have some insights on how much time does it take to proceed a successful graceful exit (based on volume of data stored)?

I know it depends also on the connection quality but it would give us an idea.

Thanks!

Hey all,
I’m trying to conduct a graceful exit. I have installed the GUI. I use powershell with the command

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" exit-status --identity-dir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode" --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --log.output stderr

as documented here. However, i get the error message attached

Capture

Did anyone get that before?

Kind Reagrds,
Adam

Try running it in Command prompt as admin not Powershell.

Thanks. That worked. Also in the guide it isn’t clear. You should first

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" exit-satellite --identity-dir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode" --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --log.output stderr

and then

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" exit-status --identity-dir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode" --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --log.output stderr

That might be obvious but after seeing it but not before.

Cheers,
Adam

not sure why this would not be clear, it is mentioned in that order in Graceful Exit Guide

Thank you, fixed the KB article.

1 Like

root@kali:~# storagenode exit-satellite, for me this command returns “command not found” it does not start graceful exit
has anyone had any success activating graceful exit

Your not running the correct command to start graceful exit. In the topic it says exactly what command to run.

docker exec -it storagenode /app/storagenode exit-satellite --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity

docker exec -it storagenode /app/storagenode exit-status --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity

please

What are you putting?

I don’t understand delimited

Just copy and paste the domain name with the port

when I run the first command and agree with Y the screen shot is the result

When it goes to that screen you need to copy and paste which satelite you want to exit from then press enter

I did that and I was successful with four of the five satellites saltlake won’t graceful exit.

I am still getting data from all sats

Have you ran this node for 6 months? Saltlake will not allow you to run graceful exit. Cause its new and you need to have been running for 6 months.

Also graceful exit doesnt start right away it takes a few for the workers to start running.

this node has been running since July, I called for GE due impending hardware failure and don’t want to loose any escrow I have, any idea how long it would take to Finish

Very long time… Took about 4 weeks for my old testing node but it had alot less data then you. Also you can still get DQed with graceful exit so keep that in mind.