Graceful Exit Guide

That error seems pretty clear: your node isn’t old enough to do a graceful exit.

I got ingress once again, looks like it was because my allocated space ended an all the data was in use.

1 Like

Thanks for this tutorial, it’s very helpful.
Do you have some insights on how much time does it take to proceed a successful graceful exit (based on volume of data stored)?

I know it depends also on the connection quality but it would give us an idea.

Thanks!

Hey all,
I’m trying to conduct a graceful exit. I have installed the GUI. I use powershell with the command

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" exit-status --identity-dir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode" --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --log.output stderr

as documented here. However, i get the error message attached

Capture

Did anyone get that before?

Kind Reagrds,
Adam

Try running it in Command prompt as admin not Powershell.

Thanks. That worked. Also in the guide it isn’t clear. You should first

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" exit-satellite --identity-dir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode" --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --log.output stderr

and then

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" exit-status --identity-dir "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode" --config-dir "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node" --log.output stderr

That might be obvious but after seeing it but not before.

Cheers,
Adam

not sure why this would not be clear, it is mentioned in that order in Graceful Exit Guide

Thank you, fixed the KB article.

1 Like