Warning: Read this carefully before you start
Please read the following information carefully and ask any questions your might have before executing graceful exit. Once graceful exit is started there is no way to stop or cancel it. If graceful exit is failing even at 99% you will not get any hold back amount. Think about the consequences twice before you call it.
- Storage node has joined the network more than 15 month ago (requirement temporary reduced to 6 month).
- Storage node is healthy and hasn’t lost data. Disqualification during graceful exit is possible.
- Storage node has no huge downtime. If the storage node is offline for a few days while running graceful exit it will fail.
- Storage node has no bandwidth caps. Graceful exit doesn’t care about any bandwidth caps. It will go on with the transfer even if the bandwidth cap is exceeded. You are not allowed to take the storage node offline or blocking the traffic. Disqualification would be the result for that. You are allowed to call graceful exit in the middle of the month to split the traffic over 2 months. You are allowed to call graceful exit per satellite to split the traffic even further.
- Graceful exit traffic is unpaid. If you finish graceful exit successfully you will get your hold back amount.
Start Graceful Exit
Are you sure you want to start graceful exit? Did you read the information above? Do you understand that graceful exit can’t be canceled?
Here is how you call it:
root@kali:~# storagenode exit-satellite Please be aware that by starting a graceful exit from a satellite, you will no longer be allowed to participate in repairs or uploads from that satellite. This action can not be undone. Are you sure you want to continue? y/n : y Domain Name Node ID Space Used satellite.stefan-benten.de:7777 118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW 1.8 TB asia-east-1.tardigrade.io:7777 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6 37.9 GB us-central-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S 38.7 GB europe-west-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs 0.8 TB Please enter a space delimited list of satellite domain names you would like to gracefully exit. Press enter to continue: satellite.stefan-benten.de:7777 asia-east-1.tardigrade.io:7777 us-central-1.tardigrade.io:7777 europe-west-1.tardigrade.io:7777
You can exit the satellites one by one or all at the same time. The satellite will need a few hours to create the list of pieces that needs to be transfered. Don’t expect high traffic immediately.
During Graceful Exit
You can watch the status of graceful exit like this: (example output from a test satellite)
root@kali:~# storagenode exit-status Domain Name Node ID Percent Complete Successful Completion Receipt 127.0.0.1:10000 12fbck97kqEGbWPu673CpeyrXavtqgVriyv9pCfL3mpw3yz2zN9 0.00% N N/A
If you get the output
No graceful exit in progress. that means graceful exit didn’t start because of the node age requirement. In the storage node logs you will find additional information
node is not yet eligible for graceful exit: will be eligible after 2020-04-02 01:18:23.910919 +0000 UTC.
In case of a crash, power failure or other outage please get your storage node back online. Graceful exit will continue.
By default the storage node will transfer 1 piece at a time. You can increase that via config.
Finish Graceful Exit
At the end you will get this output: (example output from a test satellite)
root@kali:~# storagenode exit-status Domain Name Node ID Percent Complete Successful Completion Receipt 127.0.0.1:10000 12fbck97kqEGbWPu673CpeyrXavtqgVriyv9pCfL3mpw3yz2zN9 100.00% Y 0a473045022100da86329cfb4f5bb16f0702c1d073c3a8b54787311b54855bcf01a8e245250040022003ef911b3b2b2bea86ba34cd4927223f2718cd35c3b7de7cc030cd3a8ce4959a1220db55bd9fa76e8938be5a7a25c970d48bde19936e269dcf69a3ab9fa41b5486001a207508f9a6138cdc4089ea075f1553736d472cb1d3afa4397496a8eb948d121200220c08abe5dcf0051086e6fefe01
In some situations the storage node doesn’t need to transfer 100% of the data and might finish graceful exit with a lower percentage. As long as graceful exit was successful you will get your hold back amount with the next regular payout. “Completion Receipt” contains a signature from the satellite and is your ticket to get the payback. Please keep your storagenodeID, each satelliteID and each completion receipt. With these information your can open a support ticket if needed.