Graceful Exit Guide

Don’t change the config-dir and identity-dir paths, they point to the mapped paths inside the container, which are the same for everyone.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thought that this is same story as with the startup command.

I just did mine during May.
It was very easy and worked perfectly.

2 Likes

good for you… i don’t think all the GE features are up and running yet… from what i read the planned final requirements on nodes makes it sound scary… ofc they will want people to use it… also the current DT tracking is off, so you cannot fail GE on that which is one of the worst parts… you get like 1 hour off dt before failure… thats not a lot… for a process that might take a month or two

Got confused.
Is it possible to make GE just in the few satellites, while in others remain and keep runing the node?

yes, you can GE the satellites you want to GE on and keep the rest… so long as you have been active for (currently) 6 months on the particular satellite that you are GE from… usually this is 15 months.

1 jour?
Are you sure of this figure or is it an assumption? I thought it would be more ~5hours a month. Maybe I’m wrong.

So in this case held amount will be paid only from those satellites, that are GE. While from those, that are NOT GE, will remain in held. Correct?

something i read somewhere in the GE blueprint drafts or whatever… the DT restrictions on GE is like 1 hour… i forget the exact… but many times smaller than the usual operational node DT.

it was on of the main reasons i found it scary because i plan to run a 24-100TB node if possible… and doing a GE on that with 1hour of dt… well seemed like a bit of a gamble…
even 5 hours is not enough sometimes issue can happen that takes days to deal with… uptime can be 99.9% and still have a couple of down days every 3 years or so…
so i really hope the 5hr dt allowed will be counted beyond the months… else it will be pretty tricky to even keep within the 5hr uptime restriction for most of us.

ofc the 5hour dt will just give us a suspension, but thats like 14 days without uploads… and i forget if one losses profit on downloads also during a suspension…

just like GE download traffic isn’t paid for… well lots of little odd rules like that… hard to keep track of it all…

i would say yes… but i cannot guarantee it… i mean it’s your money how else would you get at it…

If 1 hour of down time is true, then i would like to hear reason. Very weighty argument why is that. Otherwise it will look like a ruse.

Being SNO is not the same as being an emergency employe. SNO’s are also sleaping, sometimes there might be fixable hardware issues or ISP problems that need a more time to solve. All pieces around the network are backed up. So why 1 hour? What will happend if down time will be longer?

the original post said multiple days

Although since the regular uptime detection system is still being worked on I can’t say if this (or any other number) is actually true.

yeah there is currently very limited if any downtime tracking… maybe if you go into the weeks range but that might mainly be because of the nature of erasure coding… the data is live and if gone it will be replaced… and thus after enough downtime a node will end up having no relevant data for the network.

this is the guide… i got the number from a blueprint draft somewhere… i duno if thats how it will be, but it was how it was written in the draft… but it’s a draft so it can get changed 100 times…
i just remember that i wouldn’t go through GE with how i expect my node to look after 15 months, because i considered the risk not worth the reward.

but at this time it’s not relevant.

You have 7 days to be offline while running a GE then you will DQ if you don’t come back online to complete it.

2 Likes

May anyone wxplain why some satellites too slow download data. I have started GE 5 days ago. and the 1-st satellite download 0,54% of data for the 1-st days and don’t want to download more. Screen attached

I made GE on stefan-Benten within 3 days all data was transfered. how much data you have there?
and started today, over 10% in ferst 12h

My GE on 9 nodes was sucessfully without problems. The first hours/days it goes slowly but it will speed up. Don’t look at it “every minute”. It is only important to end the GE before the month ends (for the payout of held coins).

not much up to 1 TB on stefan-Benten

then it realy take time, my was only 200 gb, at begining it take time on sattelite side, how much take data it want from you. And as Sattelite has lot of other duties, i think this is not first priority thing.

A post was split to a new topic: Just starte Graceful exit on a satellite , it went to 34% and failed