Graceful Exit Guide

Mine are just all over the place. Some GE at 100+mbit. Others take weeks at 20-30mbit. I’m not sure what i’m doing wrong but it doesn’t seem consistent.

This completion receipt, how do i view what it means?

You don’t need to interpret the receipt. It is just a signed message that you can send to the support if you need to proof the result.

How can be 0.54% and comletion receipt. The funniest thing that that satellite hold 160$ and my node was online for 15 monthes with 100%. now after 15 days of doing nothing satellite.stefan-benten.de:7777 scam me for 160 $, other 3 satellites take their data and i have 100%. Nice work!!!
Your node has been disqualified on Sun, 21 Jun 2020 06:23:33 GMT . If you have any questions regarding this please check our Node Operators thread on Storj forum.

1 Like

File a support ticket with help desk and give your node id and other details.

I thought the held amount from stefan satellite will be fully paid when the satellite ends or is transitioned offline “soon”, however I cannot recall when this will occur.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure THAT this will occur. There have been some mixed messages about it being either decommissioned or repurposed as the first community satellite. I don’t really mind either way, it’s still paying me anyway. If you were there from the beginning, you should get 50% back with the next payout though.

@littleskunk, the command “storagenode exit-satellite” needs additional parameters to work in docker.

If you run
sudo docker exec storagenode exit-satellite
The error returned:
rpc error: code = 2 desc = oci runtime error: exec failed: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused “exec: "exit-satellite": executable file not found in $PATH”

EDIT: All good, found this, which might be worth adding to the guide :+1:

1 Like

well they did just migrate the satellites to a new database… so there are bound to be some errors and issues here and there…

I had no issues with graceful exit with 3 of my nodes with stefan satellite.

A post was split to a new topic: Disqualified on Stefan satellite during Graceful Exit

This does NOT work. Please rewrite the Graceful Exit Guide so a civilian can actually do it. E.g.:
root@Rig-32:~# docker exec -it storagenode1 /app/storagenode exit-satellite --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity docker exec -it storagenode1 /app/storagenode exit-status --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity
Error: unknown shorthand flag: ‘i’ in -it

Ok, I figured out my first problem, it’s two commands. Next problem:
root@Rig-32:~# docker exec -it storagenode1 /app/storagenode exit-satellite --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity
2020-08-30T17:22:04.798Z INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “/app/config/config.yaml”}
2020-08-30T17:22:04.804Z INFO Identity loaded. {“Node ID”: “1YLwuPwrFEa8Cfm3uYPXfJgs1nsgUxMz6Nnpqz4MH1deYbBFnx”}
By starting a graceful exit from a satellite, you will no longer receive new uploads from that satellite.
This action can not be undone.
Are you sure you want to continue? [y/n]
:y
Domain Name Node ID Space Used
satellite.stefan-benten.de:7777 118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW 38.0 MB
saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE 182.7 GB
asia-east-1.tardigrade.io:7777 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6 40.8 GB
us-central-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S 45.3 GB
europe-west-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs 52.8 GB
europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB 398.8 GB
Please enter a space delimited list of satellite domain names you would like to gracefully exit. Press enter to continue:
satellite.stefan-benten.de:7777 asia-east-1.tardigrade.io:7777 us-central-1.tardigrade.io:7777 europe-west-1.tardigrade.io:7777
You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:
Error: You are not allowed to graceful exit on some of provided satellites

Yeah same problem here. Some said success but i never got my tokens. Some are still GE in progress over a month later. Some just flat out failed.

Very disappointing, some of my surge held amounts i will never see…

No worries though still setting up more nodes.

You need to be active at least 6 months on all satellites you list. Since europe-north-1 isn’t even 6 months old yet you can’t exit that satellite yet. There are currently known issues that can cause disqualification during graceful exit. It is not advisable to start the exit process until these issues are fixed. Most exits will probably work, but unless you really need to exit right now, I would wait. If you do choose to start the exit process, you should know that disqualification is permanent. Should you run into this issue your node can’t be recovered and held amount is lost. So better to wait. Maybe by the time these issues are fixed you can also exit all satellites.

1 Like

Please, wait for the 1.11.1, you will be able to see, when you did GE and when you received a held back

1 Like

Ok, I don’t really need my $1.09 but I was trying to be a graceful citizen. Note the blank after the colon;
You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:

Then I looked at my Storage Node Stats http://192.168.1.232:14002/ and cannot find how long the satellite has been in existence nor can I find how long I’ve been attached to any satellite. I need to reconfigure Rig-32 this week so I’ll just erase my spinner.

Please, check your logs https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/check-logs
It should put the duplicate of the message to the log

Try under held amount history it will show month under each satellite name.
http://192.168.1.232:14002/payout-information

Hi,

I am attempting a graceful exit, getting an error:

docker exec -it storagenode /app/storagenode exit-satellite --config-dir /app/config --identity-dir /app/identity
2020-09-15T13:59:49.391Z INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “/app/config/config.yaml”}
2020-09-15T13:59:49.411Z INFO Identity loaded. {“Node ID”: “12HTA4EF9qsZUcoGaX599gwV9DTiUSRNJEzVDBW6i128jx4tG5N”}
By starting a graceful exit from a satellite, you will no longer receive new uploads from that satellite.
This action can not be undone.
Are you sure you want to continue? [y/n]
:y
Domain Name Node ID Space Used
satellite.stefan-benten.de:7777 118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW 2.28 MB
saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE 4.68 GB
asia-east-1.tardigrade.io:7777 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6 16.20 MB
us-central-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S 3.61 MB
europe-west-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs 46.61 MB
europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB 3.80 TB
Please enter a space delimited list of satellite domain names you would like to gracefully exit. Press enter to continue:
europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777

There is no next amount of months? And this node is older than 6 months.

NodeID: 12HTA4EF9qsZUcoGaX599gwV9DTiUSRNJEzVDBW6i128jx4tG5N

Any tips?

1 Like

I would run https://github.com/ReneSmeekes/storj_earnings to see your exact date of running it. cause that would be your graceful exit date.