Graceful Exit Guide

Or just open the storage node payment dashboard. Scroll down to the held amount history. There you can see the node age for each satellite on one screen.

Europe North is 5 months old.

1 Like

Nice I did not realize that it was in there how convenient, was this the update 1.12.3?

Actually I wanted to share the same as well. I’ve been gracefully exiting one of my nodes as well one by one and I must say it worked very well as you can see from the completion receipt:

Domain Name                       Node ID                                              Percent Complete  Successful  Completion Receipt
satellite.stefan-benten.de:7777   118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW   100.00%           Y           XXX      
europe-west-1.tardigrade.io:7777  12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs  100.00%           Y           XXX    
saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777       1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE   100.00%           Y           XXX

Now I wanted to exit europe north as well:

Are you sure you want to continue? [y/n]
 :y
Domain Name                        Node ID                                              Space Used  
asia-east-1.tardigrade.io:7777     121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6  1.47 GB     
us-central-1.tardigrade.io:7777    12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S  0.85 GB     
europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777  12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB  2.38 TB     
Please enter a space delimited list of satellite domain names you would like to gracefully exit. Press enter to continue:
europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777
You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:

So as you can see, no output after months:
And the earnings.py says:

europe-north-1	2020-04-18     6   50%	   12.87 USD	  7.6164 USD	  3.8082 USD	  3.8082 USD

6 - as in 6 months :slight_smile: Or do I need to wait for the 1st of October and it’s not 6 months old and hence no GE possible?

1 Like

The 6 shows that you are in your 6th month. The node will be 6 months old on October 18th. It’s based on first contact date.

2 Likes

Hah… that was too easy :stuck_out_tongue: … my fault. Thanks!

2 Likes

does anyone know what is the windows gui graceful exit command to view the status of GE, also how about the date Europe-north satellite was launched.

1 Like

You can see the first contact date in the dashboard.

1 Like

thanks but is not precise enough it list April only

1 Like

Not sure I understand it shows the exact date not just april.

1 Like

sorry didn’t scroll down far enough

1 Like

Ha :slight_smile: I still need to wait until tomorrow then. Today is October 18th but I still cannot do the exit :slight_smile:

Please enter a space delimited list of satellite domain names you would like to gracefully exit. Press enter to continue:
europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777
You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:

Leets see if it works tomorrow :slight_smile:

It should show the exact time in the logs

1 Like

Yeah - it showed. Just started and it works :slight_smile: Thanks.

2 Likes

if I’m in the grateful exit mode and connection to Europe-north is down am I going to fail the GE as coonetions to that satellite are being refused now for more than three hours.

Perhaps your router is overloaded.

I can confirm its down

2020-10-29T19:06:18.494Z        ERROR   contact:service ping satellite failed   {"Satellite ID": "12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB", "attempts": 11, "error": "ping satellite error: rpc: dial tcp 35.246.15.207:7777: connect: connection refused", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite error: rpc: dial tcp 35.246.15.207:7777: connect: connection refused\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.TCPConnector.DialContextUnencrypted:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.TCPConnector.DialContext:71\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialTransport:146\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dial:116\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL:80\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:124\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

1 Like

router is not overloaded, uptime robot and storjnet. info is also reporting it time out, it’s now in and out for the last 15 minutes

Yes we are working on it. Thank you for heads up!

2 Likes

will it affect GE :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

It should not but could.