Guide to install Storj on synology

Hi,
is there any guide to install storj on a synology?
I have installed docker and I have download the image storjlabs/storagenode
I am somehow lost on what to do next and how to configure it properly
any help?
Thank you in advance

ok, I think I manage to progress the installation, the container is in a status of restarting… all the time, I think I missed one step that is creating an identity, if I use this command identity create storagenode vis ssh on the synology I get the error command not found, how can I create it on the synology?

You shouldn’t create it on the synology, it would take quite long on those low powered chips. Just create it on your desktop/laptop using the binary for that OS.

Instructions are here:
https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity

As for installation on Synology. It’s just installing docker from the package center, SSH into the machine and follow the instructions here.
https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node

Just need to follow the process as in https://documentation.storj.io/, and go to CLI Install

thank you naxbc, I don’t think the docummentation is ok for a Synology, I think I did all good but the container keeps restaring

in the instructions, I don’t have the and storage dir in the synology interface, so I tried to use the command line but maybe I am inserting the wrong paths, it will be great if we have documentation that explains this steps.

there is also in the synology interface a path which comes by default /usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin and I am not sure if this is ok

there is also a GOARCH but no information of what is this for

at the end, the container does not start and keeps restarting

It is good, believe me, I have 2 Synology 412+ running as SNO´s just fine.
First things first:

Is your Synology compatible with Docker?
Is Docker installed via Package Manager?
Did you create a folder for Data and another for Identity within the Syn Volume?

ok naxbc, so if you can manage to help me make it work I will give you a huge virtual hug :slight_smile:

Is your Synology compatible with Docker?
yes I have a 412+ as well

Is Docker installed via Package Manager?
yes, i have install via packages manager

Did you create a folder for Data and another for Identity within the Syn Volume?
I created the data folder as /volume1/docker/Storj
and I created the Identity on /volume1/docker/Storj/identity-dir

does it look good?

Ok, perfect.
How many files do you have on your Identity folder?

I have this

Yeah, you completely skipped the part of signing the identity :slight_smile:
Do you have a more powerful computer to do it to avoid doing it in the Synology?
Because if you do it on the Synology it will take a long time, days perhaps.

Also, this is what you need:

1 Like

I think what happen is that when I created the identity it placed the files in another folder, I will try to create the shared folders like you have and move this files there, might be that no?

naxbc, thank you so much for your help, I moved the certs above to the correct directory and now all is good

I have to solve now the problem of port forwarding but it should be working soon, thank you so much for your help

1 Like

You´re welcome. Rock on, welcome to the party :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry for late Answer…
But maybe interesting for running a Storagenode on a Synology NAS (even if written in german):

1 Like

Is there some advantage to using this versus just running docker on synology?

A post was merged into an existing topic: ÂżCĂłmo configuro Storagenode correctamente en Synology?