I had an almost full 4TB node that was just starting to finish vetting on multiple satellites. I enjoyed having my node. I checked the dashboard and logs regularly, I was expecting $5 this month. It was a fun little project. I was planning on expanding by purchasing a 12TB disk (not expecting ROI) and mirroring over the contents.
I made the mistake of trying to defragment the disk last night while the node was running. I was attempting to minimize “database locked” errors. I’m sad to report my drive has died this morning. Maybe it would have died soon anyway. It’s fine, I have a new identity and will start over when my new disk arrives. Just wanted to vent a little.