Help getting Storj Node back online after trying all troubleshooting steps

I saved my Identify files to a separate disk and removed and reinstalled Storj (Windows GUI). I put the identity files back in the correct folder and verified that they were correct by opening them in Notepad++. I verified all of the TCP/UDP, firewall, port forwarding, etc. I’ve tried starting, stopping, restarting the node, and while the Node Dashboard page actually loads, my status shows as offline…Version is blank…everything else is not populating with data like it had previously.

In my config.yaml file, for lines 16/17 for the public address of the node, I used my no-IP address so line 17 looks like this:

contact.external-address: [my username].ddns.net:28967

Any suggestions?

In “Step 5: Create an Identity” - the first two commands generate a 2 and 3 as expected, but I get errors on the next two commands:

These next two commands are just the alternative version for command line. Don’t use them in powershell.

1 Like

Check your storagenode.log file. There should be some error message.

At the begging of the log, I’m seeing quite a few “ERROR piecestore upload failed” with Piece ID and Satellite ID info.

The most recent messages are “INFO” messages…uploaded and downloaded Piece ID’s and Satellite ID’s.

Seeing a few of these scattered in as well:

INFO piecestore upload canceled (race lost or node shutdown)

I’m assuming I don’t want to format the drive that I was using previously because I would lose all of the files/pieces.

Search for the word “fatal” in the logs.

Not seeing any :confused:

So the node should be online. You can check the most recent messages with this command in powershell:

cat "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log" -Tail 20 -Wait

Here’s a sample of what I’m seeing:

That looks like your node is working… Why do you think it is offline?

Because I’m seeing this in the dashboard

Maybe just a browser problem (browser cache)?

Yeah, try refreshing the page itself and don’t use the refresh icon next to the Storj logo. See if that clears it up at all.

I wish that helped, but still, unfortunately, no luck. I cleared the browser cache, cookies, settings, everything in Chrome, Edge and FireFox. I rebooted my computer, all three show the same dashboard but with basically no data populating. I’m really not sure what else to try at this point.

If I try formatting the drive being used for Storj, I’m assuming that cause even more problems and is likely not necessary / not causing the problem?

Formatting is the last resort for any issue. Can you confirm you do see “uploaded” log lines ? As I see the logs you only have successful download lines.

Try opening “http://127.0.0.1:14002/api/sno/” in your browser and tell me the version of your node. I suspect something is wrong as the log isn’t what it should be.

Thanks - this doesn’t look good:

{“error”:“consoleapi storagenode: console: database disk image is malformed”}

You need to follow above guide and update this thread.

I believe I ran the check correctly and received an “ok” message:

I went back into my localhost:14002 screen, and as expected, the page didn’t load, I started the storagenode, refreshed, and the dashboard screen loaded up, but again, no data, no version #, no address, etc.

Reply to jammerdan below (I hit my max replies for 24 hours):

I deleted the databases and was excited to see my info populate on the dashboard, and the QUIC was “refreshing” - but when I refreshed the dashboard a minute later, I lost the dashboard (couldn’t connect error in the browser). I’ve tried stopping-starting, stopping-restarting, rebooting my computer, etc. I ran the sqlite on the entire S: drive that I use for the node and all of the .db’s checked out OK.

The drive I used for storage had room on it before I tried reinstalling Storj and now it’s at capacity, so maybe it’s something there. I’ve been on Storj for years and built up high scores and hate to lose that, but I think the best route might just be to wipe that drive and try again unless there are any last final suggestions?

1 Like

If your databases are malformed or not is probably least of your problem.
Stop the node and move all databases into a subfolder. On restart the node should re-create them fresh.
This way you can at least test if the databases are your problem or not.

I deleted the databases and was excited to see my info populate on the dashboard, and the QUIC was “refreshing” - but when I refreshed the dashboard a minute later, I lost the dashboard (couldn’t connect error in the browser). I’ve tried stopping-starting, stopping-restarting, rebooting my computer, etc. I ran the sqlite on the entire S: drive that I use for the node and all of the .db’s checked out OK.

The drive I used for storage had room on it before I tried reinstalling Storj and now it’s at capacity, so maybe it’s something there. I’ve been on Storj for years and built up high scores and hate to lose that, but I think the best route might just be to wipe that drive and try again unless there are any last final suggestions? It’s been down all day and I’ve tried rebooting my computer as well as stopping/starting/restarting the node and no luck. I also tried the other troubleshooting steps with Port Forwarding, Firewall, etc. (all the same as before when the node was operational).